Plan, Stay and Play: Disneyland Resort Vacation Planning Resources
ANAHEIM, Calif. – Families and friends preparing for their visits to the Disneyland Resort have so much to look forward to: creating unforgettable memories together, enjoying attractions and entertainment, savoring splendid meals and so much more. As they plan to stay and play at the “Happiest Place on Earth,” guests can reference these helpful tips, tools and resources for making the most of their visits:
- Park tickets and reservations: To enter a theme park, all guests (ages 3 and older) need to have both a ticket and theme park reservation for the same park on the same date. Guests can purchase tickets and make park reservations on Disneyland.com.
- Great value: Guests can find great value in multiple-day tickets and vacation packages with exclusive benefits at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort, or offers at nearby Disneyland Resort Good Neighbor Hotels. The latest special offers can be viewed at Disneyland.com/offers.
- Official Disneyland app: The Disneyland app* puts the magic at guests’ fingertips, enabling them to purchase and link their tickets, view menus, link MagicBand+, view attraction wait times and park maps, purchase add-ons including Genie+, and more.
- Dining reservations: Reservations are offered up to 60 days in advance at select restaurants throughout the Disneyland Resort. Special dining packages offer guests dining options and reserved viewing for entertainment including the “Magic Happens” parade at Disneyland and “World of Color – ONE” at Disney California Adventure. Guests can book a table at Disneyland.com or on the Disneyland app.
- Guests with disabilities: Disneyland Resort offers a variety of services and access options for guests with disabilities. Information about these sources can be found by visiting the Disneyland.com.
- planDisney: This official Disney resource has helpful tips, heartfelt advice and unique insights from a panel of guests who have mastered the art of planning Disney vacations. The panelists offer more tips and advice on the planDisney Podcast.
- Social media: Guests can keep up with Disneyland Resort updates at DisneyParksBlog.com. For more planning tips and fun facts, they can follow the @DisneyParks TikTok and the Disneyland Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Disneyland Resort on Google Street View: Guests can start to familiarize themselves with the Disneyland Resort – right from a phone or computer – with 360-degree panoramas on Google Street View.
Many special benefits are included in stays at the three Disneyland Resort hotels: the classic Disneyland Hotel and luxurious Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the sunny California beachfront-themed Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel. In 2023, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will transform into Pixar Place Hotel, weaving the artistry of Pixar into a contemporary setting. 2023 will also see the introduction of The Villas at Disneyland Hotel, featuring a 12-story tower with a wide range of themed accommodations designed to sleep anywhere from two to 12 guests, perfectly blending the magic of Walt Disney Animation Studio classics with many of the essential comforts of home.
- Direct-to-room service: Online check-in enables overnight guests to go straight to their hotel rooms once they’re ready, and the digital key feature on their smartphones can open their room doors. A Bluetooth®-enabled device with the latest version of the Disneyland app is required.
- Early entry: Disneyland Resort hotel guests can take advantage of admission to Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park 30 minutes early to enjoy select attractions, dining and shopping locations.**
- Convenient theme park access: To enter Disney California Adventure, guests staying at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa can enter through the hotel’s entry gate, and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel guests can use a walkway across the street from their hotel. In addition, all guests can enjoy Disneyland access via the Downtown Disney District Monorail station.**
- Delectable dining at guests’ fingertips: Select restaurants in the Downtown Disney District offer meal delivery services to Disneyland Resort hotel guests.***
- Next-day package delivery: When paying for items at select Disney merchandise locations in the theme parks and in the Downtown Disney District, guests of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort can request to have their treasures delivered to their hotel the next day for pickup.
- Multi-generational travel and large parties: Many families enjoy traveling to the Disneyland Resort with relatives across multiple generations, or with family reunions. The Hotels of the Disneyland Resort welcome multi-generational travelers and large parties, offering multiple suites at each hotel that sleep parties of six. Some suites connect to adjacent rooms to accommodate the larger parties.
- Disney Genie service and Lightning Lanes: Built into the Disneyland app, the complimentary Disney Genie helps guests plan their day with a dynamic park itinerary and park navigation. Purchasing Disney Genie+ service helps guests save time with quicker attraction entry when using Lightning Lane entrances at select attractions, as well as capture lifelong memories with unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital downloads. For select rides, Individual Lightning Lane passes are available, allowing guests to save time boarding guest-favorite rides.
- Disney PhotoPass service: PhotoPass photographers at iconic locations throughout the parks ensure that everyone in the group gets in the photo. Guests can also capture Disney PhotoPass attraction photos at select attractions; as part of the Disney100 celebration, guests can access complimentary digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass attraction photos. All available Disney PhotoPass photos can be linked, viewed and purchased at Disneyland.com or directly from the Disneyland app.
- Play Disney Parks app: Families and guests can explore the parks with interactive experiences that bring surrounding environments to life. Group play enables everyone to join in on the fun.
- Portable phone charging systems kiosks: Guests can recharge their devices without missing any of the fun by using a convenient portable battery set that can be purchased from kiosk locations throughout the resort. When the portable battery runs out, guests may swap it for a fully charged replacement at any kiosk.
- Park interactivity with MagicBand+: Guests can use their MagicBand+ to interact with the park like never before. MagicBand+ allows guests to venture on a bounty hunter quest with Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters and enhances their experience around the parks with special effects during nighttime spectaculars and select Disney100 decor.
Check the latest entertainment details and schedules at Disneyland.com or the Disneyland mobile app. Entertainment, experiences, and offerings may be modified, limited in availability or unavailable, and are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice. Both Theme Park reservations and valid admission for the same Park on the same day are required for Park entry. Park reservations are limited, subject to availability and not guaranteed. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. Visit Disneyland.com/updates for important information to know before visiting the Disneyland Resort.
*Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations and features may vary by handset or service provider. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.
**Theme Park reservations and valid admission for the same Park on the same day are required for Park entry, and a hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park access. Park reservations are limited, subject to availability and not guaranteed. Each registered hotel guest (ages 3 and older) must have valid park admission, park reservation, and hotel room key card for early entry park admission. Entertainment, experiences, and offerings may be modified, limited in availability or unavailable, and are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. Visit Disneyland.com/Updates for important information to know before visiting.
***Participating Downtown Disney District locations have various operating hours and delivery menus, and may be subject to change and restrictions including required minimum order amounts. Disney is not responsible or liable for the operations of such locations, any food or beverage, or the fulfillment and delivery of such food and beverage orders. Please contact the applicable location for questions and concerns.
Disneyland Resort Public Relations