Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort Fact Sheet
ANAHEIM, Calif. – The Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort is a vibrant, one-of-a-kind Disney experience, immersing guests by day and night in an exciting mix of family-friendly dining, shopping and entertainment with a touch of Disney. This dynamic outdoor destination also offers limited-time experiences throughout the year. The Downtown Disney District is conveniently located in the heart of all the action, walking distance from Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure Park and the three on-property Hotels of the Disneyland Resort. Admission is complimentary.
Work is underway on the next evolution of Downtown Disney. Drawing inspiration from mid-century modern architecture in Southern California, the area on the west end will be a beautiful blend of vibrant color palettes, multicultural design elements and patterns, an open lawn for relaxation and future events that accompanies live entertainment at the Downtown Disney LIVE! stage and an even broader collection of dining and shopping including Din Tai Fung, Porto’s Bakery & Café and more. Michelin-starred Chef Carlos Gaytán will bring his vision of Mexican cuisine to Paseo and Céntrico in the locations formerly occupied by Catal & Uva Bar, brought to life by Patina Restaurant Group.
Abundance of flavors: More than a dozen food and beverage locations offer unique settings and flavors. There is something for every taste, from open-air cafés and craft cocktails to gourmet treats on-the-go and exquisite sit-down meals.
Distinctive shopping: A wide variety of specialty shops offer apparel, accessories, home decor, art and collectibles featuring World of Disney, Star Wars Trading Post, The Disney Dress Shop, Disney Home, PANDORA Jewelry, The LEGO Store, California Sole, Curl Surf, Lovepop, Pelé Soccer and many more.
Live entertainment: At Downtown Disney District, guests gather, relax and create memories by enjoying music at the Downtown Disney LIVE! stage, bowling a few frames at Splitsville Luxury Lanes and listening to live music at the Kingpin stage, or strolling through the promenade to see seasonal décor, floral displays and meeting artists at special events in WonderGround Gallery.
Highlights of shops and restaurants:
- Inside the flagship World of Disney store, guests discover an open atmosphere inspired by an animators’ loft, with uniquely themed areas, pixie dust surprises in the decor, and new merchandise collections. World of Disney is a must-visit destination for Disney fans, offering the largest selection of Disney toys, souvenirs, accessories, fashions and collectibles at the Disneyland Resort. This shop offers Merchandise Mobile Checkout, enabling guests to save time by scanning and paying for merchandise items from their phones using the Disneyland app.
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes opened its first California location in the heart of the Downtown Disney District. Along with award-winning burgers, signature CrazyShake milkshakes, hearty salads and appetizers, the atmosphere gives a trendy New York diner vibe, and it is the first Black Tap location to offer shakes to-go.
- At Star Wars Trading Post, visitors can celebrate their passion for a galaxy far, far away at this unique Downtown Disney District shopping destination for all things Star Wars, from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge gear to novelties inspired by “The Mandalorian.”
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes features 20 luxury bowling lanes interspersed throughout two floors, four dining areas (indoors and out) and 25 flat screen TVs. With a menu featuring fresh-rolled sushi, mouth-watering burgers and hand-tossed pizzas, Splitsville offers a one-of-a-kind dining and entertainment experience in a California-cool environment, with hand-painted murals with “hidden Mickeys.”
- Ballast Point Brewing Company, in its first Orange County location, is the only onsite brewer in the Downtown Disney District and serves 50 of its innovative beers across 100 taps, including its flagship Sculpin IPA and limited-edition brews. From grain to glass, Ballast Point is dedicated to the craft of its brewing process, as well as brewpub-style dishes, shareable plates, salads, sandwiches, burgers and desserts. Indoors, the restaurant’s design has a nautical vibe inspired by Ballast Point’s love of the sea – and outdoors, a rooftop patio with cabana-style seating – all with views of the district.
- This family-run ice cream company, Salt & Straw, is a scoop shop known for its taste-provoking, imaginative ice cream creations. Seasonal flavors are handmade in small batches using local ingredients in collaboration with artisans, chefs and farmers.
- Disney Home offers fans a variety of Disney-themed home-related treasures from glassware to linens, kitchen goods and more. The carefully curated assortment of home goods changes seasonally.
- The Disney Dress Shop is a fan-favorite boutique offering retro-designed apparel and accessories inspired by favorite Disney characters and theme park attractions.
- For authentic southern Italian cuisine, Naples Ristorante e Bar and the adjacent Napolini Pizzeria offer pizzas, pastas, soups and sandwiches across four different indoor and outdoor seating areas in the Naples corner complex.
- Lovepop offers eye-catching, 3D pop-up cards, stationery and gifts that combine engineering and unique laser cut technology with the ancient art form of “kirigami,” a variation of origami that intricately cuts paper rather than folding. Lovepop also carries a collection of Disney cards and gifts.
- At Pelé Soccer, soccer fans can score a wide assortment of soccer gear – customizable jerseys, footwear and more – from renowned global sports brands. This specialty shop is named after Pelé, the legendary Brazilian superstar and one of the greatest soccer players of all time.
- Wetzel’s Pretzels, an innovator in fresh, soft-baked pretzels, has its flagship store in the Downtown Disney District with a California inspired interior design by local artists with 12 hidden pretzels in a mural and bronze-sculpted, pretzel-shaped door handles.
- Sephora offers guests the very latest in makeup, skincare and bath and body products. This Paris-based beauty superstore also carries a range of hair products, tools, accessories and solutions for everyone’s beauty needs.
More fun facts:
- Marceline’s Confectionery is an old-fashioned candy shop where guests can watch nostalgic sweets and novel treats being made by hand, and if they’d like, use modern-day mobile order from the Disneyland app. The charming shop is named after Marceline, Mo., where Walt Disney lived as a boy.
- Downtown Disney District offers many fun seasonal events at Disneyland Resort, including Eggstravaganza and Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit. Information for each event can be found on the Downtown Disney page at Disneyland.com.
- The Disneyland Resort horticulture team works year-round, bringing in new décor and florals to the Downtown Disney District that vary by season.
- With valid park admission and Disneyland Park reservations, guests can board the Disneyland Monorail at the Downtown Disney District. Guests will enjoy an approximately 13-minute ride around the resort while they sit back and enjoy the aerial views, with a stop in Tomorrowland.
Check the latest entertainment details and schedules at Disneyland.com or the Disneyland mobile app. Entertainment, experiences, and offerings may be modified, limited in availability or unavailable, and are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice. Both Theme Park reservations and valid admission for the same Park on the same day are required for Park entry. Park reservations are limited, subject to availability and not guaranteed. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. Visit Disneyland.com/updates for important information to know before visiting the Disneyland Resort.
*Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations and features may vary by handset or service provider. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.
Disneyland Resort Public Relations