Disney California Adventure Park Fact Sheet
Since opening on February 8, 2001, Disney California Adventure Park at the Disneyland Resort has been bringing adventure and fun to life with Disney storytelling magic, popular attractions and exciting entertainment. From the thrills of Avengers Campus and Cars Land to the optimism of Buena Vista Street, Disney California Adventure is a testament to what Disney Parks does best – connecting guests to the iconic stories, characters and music they love, helping them make treasured, shared memories to last a lifetime.
Location: Located across from Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure Park is approximately 27 miles southeast of Los Angeles in Anaheim, Calif.
Hours: Disney California Adventure is scheduled to open 365 days a year. The most current information for hours and entertainment schedules available at Disneyland.com and the Disneyland app.*
Lands: Disney California Adventure features eight themed lands.
- Buena Vista Street: Guests enter Disney California Adventure through this lively and richly detailed land, immersing them in a locale reminiscent of Los Angeles in the 1920s. With its familiar shop names, period costumes and architecture, Buena Vista Street is inspired by the “city of dreams” Walt Disney found when he arrived by train in California.
- Hollywood Land: This is where the Golden Age of Hollywood and the magic of Disney movies are celebrated with attractions (Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sully to the Rescue!), shows (“Mickey’s PhilharMagic”) and entertainment that conjure the romance, glamour and sentimentality of the silver screen.
- Grizzly Peak: Grizzly Peak immerses guests in the beauty of the Golden State’s national parks, where they can raft through rough waters (Grizzly River Rapids), plus explore jaw-dropping natural and man-made landmarks (Soarin’ Around the World).
- Avengers Campus: Introduced in 2021, Avengers Campus invites longtime fans of Super Heroes and those discovering them for the first time to team up with the Avengers and their allies in this fully immersive land that mixes innovative technology and fun for all ages. Here, guests can sling webs (WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure), taste-test inventive dining (Pym Test Kitchen) and become part of a bigger universe.
- Cars Land: Here, guests can step right into Radiator Springs and meet friends from Disney and Pixar’s “Cars” films. Cars Land is home to one of the largest and most elaborate attractions created for any Disney theme park, Radiator Springs Racers.
- San Fransokyo Square: Inspired by Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Academy Award®-winning film “Big Hero 6,” this reimagined area opened Aug. 31, 2023, transporting guests to the not-too-distant future, in a fictional mash-up of two iconic cities – San Francisco and Tokyo. Here, guests have the opportunity to interact with boy genius Hiro Hamada and his huggable healthcare companion robot, Baymax.
- Paradise Gardens Park: At this boardwalk-inspired land, guests can navigate the seas (The Little Mermaid – Ariel’s Undersea Adventure), skies (Goofy’s Sky School) and retro-style fun (Golden Zephyr). Paradise Garden Grill offers a rotating menu of seasonal flavors and delicious dishes.
- Pixar Pier: Reimagined in 2018, Pixar Pier features four whimsical neighborhoods where guests can step into beloved Disney and Pixar stories, with attractions including the thrilling Incredicoaster and Pixar Pal-A-Round, Pixar-inspired food and beverage at the Lamplight Lounge, plus exciting entertainment and more.
Attractions and Entertainment: The park features more than 36 adventures and attractions plus distinctive entertainment and dining. Highlights include WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure in Avengers Campus, Radiator Springs Racers in Cars Land and Soarin’ Around the World in Grizzly Peak. Disney California Adventure is home to the all-new nighttime spectacular “World of Color – ONE” and a lineup of culturally rich entertainment at Paradise Gardens Park during seasonal celebrations. “World of Color – ONE” premiered in 2023 as part of the Disney100 anniversary celebration.
- The Carthay Circle Theatre is a majestic building at the end of Buena Vista Street that recalls, in name and architectural style, the great California movie palace where “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” premiered in 1937.
- Cars Land and Buena Vista Street were introduced on June 15, 2012, as part of a five-year expansion to Disney California Adventure.
- “World of Color – ONE” spans Paradise Bay, a five-acre, man-made lagoon at Disney California Adventure. The show’s “stage” is a platform composed of nearly one full acre of engineered superstructure. It’s longer than a football field! Guests are able to access the viewing area for “World of Color – ONE” through the virtual queue system** available only via the Disneyland app. Though joining the virtual queue is not required to view the nighttime spectacular, it is highly recommended. More information and how-to details are available on Disneyland.com.
Check the latest entertainment details and schedules at Disneyland.com or the Disneyland mobile app. Entertainment, experiences, and offerings may be modified, limited in availability or unavailable, and are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice. Both Theme Park reservations and valid admission for the same Park on the same day are required for Park entry. Park reservations are limited, subject to availability and not guaranteed. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. Visit Disneyland.com/updates for important information to know before visiting the Disneyland Resort.
*Message, data and roaming rates may apply for the use of the Disneyland app and Play Disney Parks app. Availability subject to handset limitations and features may vary by handset or service provider. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.
**Virtual queues for showtimes are limited and subject to availability, and joining a virtual queue does not guarantee entrance to any show. Guests may only enter a virtual queue for “World of Color – ONE” once per day. Subject to other restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice.