ANAHEIM, Calif. – Fall favorite celebrations at Disneyland Resort offer friendly, festive fun that families with young children can enjoy together. From Sept. 2 through Oct. 31, 2022, Halloween Time casts its spell throughout the entire resort, and from Sept. 2 through Nov. 2, Plaza de la Familia at Disney California Adventure Park celebrates the everlasting bonds of family with activities, entertainment and dining for guests of all ages. Here is a selection of must-do experiences for young families:
- Celebrate the season in Radiator Screams: Photo opportunities and fun abound in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park! Lightning McQueen, Mater, Cruz and Red greet guests in their best “car-stumes,” and the local establishments are adorned with haunting twists. Plus, young families can go for a wicked whirl on Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree and Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween.
- Capture family photos at the Main Street Pumpkin Festival: Main Street, U.S.A., at Disneyland Park transforms with vibrant autumn décor, whimsical pumpkin displays and the iconic giant Mickey Mouse pumpkin. It’s an ideal setting for cherished family photos, and Disney PhotoPass photographers can help get everyone in the shot.
- Meet characters decked out in Halloween attire: At both theme parks, families may encounter characters festively festooned in Halloween looks. At Disneyland, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and some of their friends are debuting new, spirited attire.
- Hunt for pumpkins in Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit: From Sept. 9 to Oct. 31 at the Downtown Disney District, families can purchase a map at participating locations, while supplies last, to partake in the hunt for hidden pumpkins. Whether guests choose to hunt for pumpkins or not, they can turn in their maps for a special gift: a miniature pumpkin pail.
- Dance and sing along to “A Musical Celebration of Coco”: At Plaza de la Familia in Disney California Adventure, young ones will delight in live performances of “Remember Me” and other favorite songs from Disney and Pixar’s “Coco” during this heartwarming tribute to the traditions of Día de los Muertos.
- Decorate your own “alebrije” at Plaza de la Familia: Guests visiting Plaza de la Familia can design their own paper “alebrije” (Mexican folk art of mythical creatures) mask of Pepita or Dante. It’s a fun coloring craft in a vibrant, lively atmosphere.
Check the latest entertainment details and schedules at Disneyland.com or the Disneyland mobile app. Entertainment, experiences, and offerings may be modified, limited in availability or unavailable, and are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice. Both valid Theme Park reservations and admission for the same Park on the same day are required for Park entry. Park reservations are limited, subject to availability and not guaranteed. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. Visit Disneyland.com/updates for important information to know before visiting the Disneyland Resort.