Walt Disney on creating Disneyland: “I don’t want the public to see the world they live in while they’re in the Park. I want them to feel they’re in another world.”
Overview: Cars Land invites guests to step right into Radiator Springs and meet all of their favorite friends from the hit Disney•Pixar films “Cars,” “Cars 2,” and “Cars 3.” Spanning a whopping 12 acres in Disney California Adventure Park, Cars Land is truly a must-see for anyone visiting the Disneyland Resort. Cars Land is home to one of the largest and most elaborate attractions created for any Disney theme park, Radiator Springs Racers.
What’s new: Cars Land opened in June 2012 and is what Bob Iger, president and CEO of The Walt Disney Company, calls the “crown jewel of our Disney California Adventure expansion.” The land is an exciting experience for the entire family that captures the essence of Disney storytelling. Cars Land continues to grow with the newest attraction in Cars Land, Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters at Luigi’s Casa Della Tires. Guests can interact and pose for pictures with Lightning McQueen, Mater, and their new friend Cruz Ramirez from Disney•Pixar film “Cars 3.”
Don’t miss: Cars Land features three attractions. Cars Land’s only FASTPASS attraction is Radiator Springs Racers, where the entire “Cars” gang welcomes guests to take the wheel and zoom through Radiator Springs and Ornament Valley. Radiator Springs Racers combines classic storytelling in Disney “dark ride” fashion with a thrilling, high-speed race as its grand finale. In Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters, Luigi invites guests to join his cousins’ celebration of Race Day in Radiator Springs by hopping aboard miniature Italian roadsters that glide, turn and spin across a trackless “dance floor.” At Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree, Mater has everyone join in a “tow-si-do” square dance. Score some roadside souvenirs at Sarge’s Surplus Hut, Radiator Springs Curios and Ramone’s House of Body Art.
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
Entertainment: The cast of “Cars” makes sure guests have plenty of entertainment during their journey down Route 66. Lightning McQueen, Mater, Red, and Cruz Ramirez interact with guests and pose forpictures throughout the day. DJ’s Dance ‘n’ Drive brings popular music into the town of Radiator Springs that gets guests dancing in the street.
Dining: Modeled after roadside eateries along the original Route 66, Flo’s V8 Cafe is a delicious quick-service dining location for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Some of the menu’s highlights include the Coca-Cola BBQ Sauce drizzled on pork loin, brioche French toast with salted caramel and bananas and house-made pies for dessert. If you’re looking for a snack, Cozy Cone Motel and Fillmore’s Taste-In offer a wide variety of delicious treats from organic fruits to chili “cone” queso.
Imaginative landscaping: The landscape throughout Cars Land continues the legendary, detail-oriented storytelling that can only be found at Disney Parks. From the tail-light “flowers” at Cozy Cone Motel to the tire-inspired topiaries just outside Casa Della Tires, the landscape looks as if the beloved cast of “Cars” decorated each of their homes in Cars Land. The dry, rocky look of Cars Land also immerses guests in the Route 66 theme.
Did you know?
- The peaks of Cadillac Range (from left to right), represent Cadillac tail fins from 1957,1958, 1959 (the pinnacle), 1960, 1961 & 1962. The mountain range is inspired by an art installation of old Cadillacs half-buried nose-first into the ground, known as “Cadillac Ranch” in Amarillo, Texas.
- The rockwork of Cars Land spans more than 300,000 square feet – making it the largest rockwork construction in any domestic Disney theme park
- Radiator Springs Racers covers six acres – the largest attraction by acreage at the Disneyland Resort.
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters is the first Disney attraction in the United States with a trackless ride system.
- Larry the Cable Guy (voice of Mater from “Cars”) recorded seven original songs for the Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree attraction.
Cast member tips:
- See Radiator Springs at sunset when 16 neon signs light up the night sky.
- Arrive to Disney California Adventure near park opening if you are planning on picking up a FASTPASS for Radiator Springs Racers – they run out very quickly.
- The Single-rider line for Radiator Springs Racers is an option to minimize your wait time. However, your group will be separated and each member of your party must be at least seven years old to experience the attraction as a single rider.
- On most days, characters from the film escort the first guests into Cars Land.
- Look for the Hidden Mickeys on the hoods of the cars in the windows of Ramone’s House of Body Art.
# # #