Halloween Time at Disney California Adventure Park Haul-O-Ween at Cars Land Fun Facts
ANAHEIM, Calif. – At Disney California Adventure Park, Lightning McQueen, Mater and the “car-acters” of Cars Land transform the town of Radiator Springs into Radiator Screams for Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, Sept. 1-Oct. 31, 2023. As part of their Haul-O-Ween celebration, the local residents decorate their establishments and don their favorite “car-stumes.” Two family-friendly attractions receive seasonal transformations, revved up with themed décor and unique music: Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree becomes Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree, and Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters becomes Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween.
Fun facts about Haul-O-Ween at Cars Land
- Scary the Scare-car greets guests as they enter Radiator Screams. Guests can hear the story about how Scary came to be while riding Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween.
- At Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree, the tractors spin to Haul-O-Ween themed takes on the popular songs: “Monster Mash” (“Monster Truck Smash”) and “Purple People Eater” (“Purple Fender Bender”).
- Guests can discover Sarge’s patch of seasonal pump-kins. He plans on gifting these gas cans on a vine to his neighbor, Fillmore, to make some “organic fuel.”
- The resident cars get into the Haul-O-Ween spirit with fun “car-stumes.” Mater dresses up as a “van-pire,” Lightning McQueen is a super hero, Cruz Ramirez is a pirate and Red the Fire Truck is a clown.
- In the lobby of the Cozy Cone Motel, Sally displays a themed miniature model of the motel made of candy.
- Guests will find 30 “car-achnids” lurking around Radiator Screams! One of which is an eight-legged Spider-car at Flo’s V8 Cafe, made from a repurposed “Toadmobile” from Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. It’s a great photo opportunity!
- An out-of-service “zombie” car with an undead battery refuses to “rust in pieces” as it attempts to come back to life in front of Lizzie’s Radiator Springs Curios. Contrary to popular rumor, these are not the remains of her beloved Stanley.
- Each evening, Cars Land is taken over by supernatural spirits for a haunting Sha-BOO! Sheriff’s voice can be heard returning the town to order and welcoming guests to Radiator Screams.
- Luigi and Guido never celebrated Haul-O-Ween before moving to Radiator Springs. Now it’s their favorite holiday, and they’re inviting the cousins to celebrate for the first time at Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween. Their “Terror-antella” tells the story of how Luigi and Guido built the town’s beloved Scare-car, Scary.
- The mysterious Horn-O-Plenty was unearthed on Haul-O-ween Night in 1936. Every year, the residents of Radiator Screams bring it back to its rightful home and adorn it with seasonal gifts.
- Strange things are brewin’ over at the old courthouse. A mad scientist has hooked up jumper cables, giving the old building new life (with moving eyes in the window).
- A tempting menu of Halloween food and beverages is available throughout Cars Land, including a Slow Burnin’ mac and cheese cone, spicy chicken and fries, and the candy corn churro.
- Adding to the fall festivities, Ramone is celebrating Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) at his detailing shop, Ramone’s House of Body Art. Painted hoods, marigolds and a sugar car (named Sugar) decorate the outside. Inside, Ramone has built an “ofrenda” to celebrate the life and career of the town’s good friend, Doc Hudson.
Check the latest entertainment details and schedules at Disneyland.com or the Disneyland mobile app. Entertainment, experiences, and offerings may be modified, limited in availability or unavailable, and are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice. Both valid Theme Park reservation and admission for the same Park on the same day are required for Park entry. Park reservations are limited, subject to availability and not guaranteed. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. Visit Disneyland.com/updates for important information to know before visiting the Disneyland Resort.