Lunar New Year at Disney California Adventure Park 2023 Fact Sheet
ANAHEIM, Calif. – Disneyland Resort welcomes the return of Lunar New Year at Disney California Adventure Park, from Jan. 20 through Feb. 15, 2023. This multicultural celebration is a joyous tribute to Chinese, Vietnamese and Korean cultures, featuring Asian-inspired food and beverages, beautiful décor, live entertainment and themed merchandise. Highlights include two new Lunar New Year marketplaces and new menu items, return of the “Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration” nighttime water show and an extended route for “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession.”
Traditions for celebrating the new year may seem related, but there are significant differences that are honored within diverse Asian cultures. This year’s festivities ring in the Year of the Rabbit in the Chinese zodiac calendar and the Year of the Cat in the Vietnamese zodiac calendar. For this occasion, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and his sweetheart Ortensia the cat join the Lunar New Year fun with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, dressed in special outfits paying tribute to these cultural celebrations.
Guests can check entertainment show times and menu offerings on Disneyland.com or the Disneyland app.*
Highlights of Lunar New Year at Disney California Adventure Park
- “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession” will extend throughout all of Disney California Adventure, traveling along the parade route from Paradise Gardens through Hollywood Land. Hosted by Mulan and Mushu from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Mulan” alongside Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and dozens of spirited performers, this vibrant procession honors family, friendship and the potential for a fortune-filled year.
- “Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration” returns this year, presented on Paradise Bay shortly before “World of Color” and, from Jan. 27 through Feb. 15, “World of Color – ONE.” Set to a stirring musical score by Academy Award®-winning composer Tan Dun, this heartwarming nighttime water show tells the tale of a little lantern’s quest to reunite with family for the annual celebration of good luck and fortune.
- Six Lunar New Year marketplaces at Disney California Adventure Park offer a tantalizing array of Asian-inspired dishes, including two new locations: Bamboo Blessings and Wrapped with Love. Paradise Garden Grill, Lucky Fortune Cookery, Lamplight Lounge and other select locations also offer seasonal menu items. New and returning favorites in this expanded culinary landscape include the mandarin mousse cake, quesabirria eggroll with guajillo pepper consomé and the Mickey Mouse-shaped hot dog bun.
Shareable between friends and family, guests may choose to purchase a Sip and Savor Pass** for six coupons redeemable for select food and nonalcoholic beverages from participating marketplaces and dining locations:
- Bamboo Blessings
- Wrapped with Love
- Longevity Noodle Co.
- Lucky 8 Lantern
- Prosperity Bao & Buns
- Red Dragon Spice Traders
- Festival Food and Beverage Cart
- Paradise Garden Grill
- Lucky Fortune Cookery
- Sonoma Terrace
- Cappuccino Cart
- Paradise Gardens and, new this year, Sonoma Terrace present exciting live entertainment. Featured this year are Chinese music ensemble Melody of China, Korean-American a cappella group Vocal Seoul, and a variety of community performing groups.
- Guests can welcome the new year at the Paradise Gardens Gazebo with greetings and photos with Disney characters, including Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Ortensia, Mulan, Mushu, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
- At the Lucky Wishes Wall, guests of all ages can stroll beneath strings of ornamental lanterns and share their messages of hope, health and happiness for this year.
- Families can enjoy complimentary arts and crafts and Chinese calligraphy demonstrations by local artisans. Art walls educate guests about the festival with information such as “What Year Are You?” and the unique story of Lunar New Year in each culture.
- Colorful Lunar New Year décor symbolizes good luck, fortune and happiness in bold red and brilliant gold. The pavilion bedecked with bamboo, peach blossoms, golden flowers and banners creates a memorable photo opportunity.
- Downtown Disney District offers more foodie fun with the Mad Dumplings food truck and fusion menu items at Naples Ristorante E Bar, Tortilla Jo’s, Catal Restaurant, Uva Bar & Cafe, Sprinkles and Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes. Plus, Lovepop will feature select Lunar New Year merchandise.
- The Hotels of the Disneyland Resort celebrate with specialty themed food at Goofy’s Kitchen and Storytellers Cafe, Rabbit Firecracker and Cat’s Delight cocktails at Hearthstone Lounge and themed treats at the GCH holiday cart. Overnight hotel guests can book a Tai Chi fitness class by Tenaya Stone Spa at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa for an additional fee.
Even more to celebrate at the Disneyland Resort
Beginning Jan. 20, the heroic Raya from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ film “Raya and the Last Dragon” returns to greet guests under the forest canopy in Redwood Creek Challenge Trail at Disney California Adventure Park.
Shortly after the start of Lunar New Year, the Disney100 anniversary celebration at the Disneyland Resort begins on Jan. 27, 2023, bringing new experiences, special offerings and platinum-infused decor across the resort throughout the year. In celebration of The Walt Disney Company’s 100th anniversary, Disneyland Resort will debut two all-new nighttime spectaculars from Disney Live Entertainment – “World of Color – ONE” at Disney California Adventure Park and “Wondrous Journeys” at Disneyland Park – and open the all-new attraction Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway on Jan. 27, 2023.
For a limited time, eligible Southern California residents can save on the purchase of a three-day, one-park per day weekday ticket for as little as $73 per person, per day, subject to park reservations. Tickets are on sale now for weekday visits through May 25, 2023***, offering a great value during the Lunar New Year and Disney100 celebrations this spring. More information is available on Disneyland.com.
Check the latest entertainment details and schedules at Disneyland.com or the Disneyland mobile app. Entertainment, experiences, and offerings may be modified, limited in availability or unavailable, and are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice. Both Theme Park reservations and valid admission for the same Park on the same day are required for Park entry. Park reservations are limited, subject to availability and not guaranteed. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. Visit Disneyland.com/updates for important information to know before visiting the Disneyland Resort.
Guests must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or consume alcoholic beverages. Limit 2 alcoholic beverages per Guest. A valid government-issued photo ID will be required.
*Message, data and roaming rates may apply for use of Disneyland app and Play Disney Parks app. Availability subject to handset limitations and features may vary by handset or service provider. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.
**An event Sip and Savor Pass will expire on the stated date and will not be valid at any other event or at any other time. Passes are nonrefundable, subject to restrictions and exclusions, and not valid for Theme Park admission. Certain offerings may be tasting-size portions only, not full entrée sizes. Both valid theme park admission and park reservation required for park entry.
***Offer valid only for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000- 93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999; proof of eligible residency, including valid government-issued photo ID, is required for purchase and admission. Tickets expire 5/25/2023R. Tickets may be used on nonconsecutive days. Valid only on weekdays, and subject to blockout dates of every Saturday and Sunday. [Blockout dates of 1/14,1/15,1/21,1/22, 1/28, 1/29, 2/4, 2/5, 2/11, 2/12, 2/18, 2/19, 2/25, 2/26, 3/4, 3/5, 3/11, 3/12, 3/18, 3/19, 3/25, 3/26, 4/1, 4/2, 4/8, 4/9, 4/15, 4/16, 4/22, 4/23, 4/29, 4/30, 5/6, 5/7, 5/13, 5/14, 5/20, 5/21.] Each day of use constitutes one full day of use. May purchase up to 5 tickets per eligible person per day with valid ID. Tickets are nonrefundable, may not be sold or transferred for commercial use and exclude activities/events separately priced. Offer may not be combined with other ticket discounts or promotions. Subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice. Sales may be paused from time to time or terminated at any time.