Beloved Disney characters will be part of the magic as the Disneyland Resort theme parks reopen April 30, 2021. Characters from dozens of favorite Disney stories may be spotted waving and playing across Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park. They may even pop up posing in the background of selfies. To help maintain physical distancing, certain experiences that draw large group gatherings – such as parades, stage shows and nighttime spectaculars – will return at a later date.
Guests are encouraged to check Disneyland.com for the latest updates to entertainment. Here’s what guests can expect when the theme parks reopen on April 30, 2021:
- Main Street, U.S.A. – Mickey Mouse and some of his pals may be seen waving from the steps of the Disneyland Railroad station.
- Royal Theatre in Fantasyland – From Cinderella to Rapunzel, Snow White, Mulan, Elena of Avalor and many others, guests will be delighted as they are greeted by Disney Royalty. Princesses will pose and wave at a distance for photos with their royal guests.
- Small World Terrace – Alice and other wonderful Disney friends frolic in the fun as they invite guests to see them at a distance at Small World Terrace.
- New Orleans Square – The characters of New Orleans Square have returned to their old haunts, and some new ones: Tiana and the pirate known as Redd take up residence on some of the more elevated positions in the land, interacting with guests from afar on the balcony of the 21 Royal Residence, above Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Mickey’s Toontown – Mickey Mouse and his friends have returned to their homes at Mickey’s Toontown where guests can wave to them and take photos from a distance outside their wacky abodes, and at the Toontown gazebo.
- Rancho del Zocalo in Frontierland – At Zocalo Park, guests may spot Miguel dressed in mariachi finery and waving to everyone from among the colorful marigolds and papel picado décor inspired by Disney and Pixar’s award-winning film, “Coco.”
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – While living their own adventures in a galaxy far, far away, guests are likely to come across familiar faces as they explore the Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu. Heroes of the Resistance including Rey, Chewbacca and Vi Moradi may be spotted on the platforms above the speeder garage in Black Spire Station. A contingent of First Order Stormtroopers join Kylo Ren in patrolling the landing platform at Docking Bay 9 beneath their TIE Echelon vehicle.
Disney California Adventure Park
- Carthay Fountain/Buena Vista Street – As guests reach the heart of Disney California Adventure, they will find themselves drawn to the fountain as the center of the action. Mickey Mouse and his friends have stepped out on the town in order to wave hello and welcome back all their friends.
- Super Heroes – When Disneyland Resort reopens, Earth’s Mightiest Heroes will make their way to the Hollywood Backlot Stage, where adoring fans can wave and cheer for Black Widow, Captain America, Thor, Spider-Man, Black Panther and the Dora Milaje, as they strike heroic poses throughout the day.
- Cars Land – At Radiator Springs, guests can share a laugh and take memorable photos with some of their favorite characters such as Mater, Lightning McQueen and Red the fire truck along the land’s Route 66.
- Pixar Pals – A variety of Pixar characters such as Woody, Jessie, Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, Edna Mode, Frozone, and Joy and Sadness will wave and pose from the Pixar Pier bandshell stage.
- Disney Junior – Favorite Disney Junior stars, from Vampirina to Doc McStuffins, wave and interact with their friends from the stage of the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land.
- Paradise Gardens Park – Guests may see Officer Judy Hopps and her friend Nick Wilde from Disney’s “Zootopia” on patrol.
These entertainment experiences will happen frequently throughout the day, bringing a dose of Disney surprise and magic to numerous areas across the parks.
About the Disneyland Resort
The Disneyland Resort features two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and Disney California Adventure Park – plus three hotels and the Downtown Disney District, comprising unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort’s hotels are the luxurious, 948-room Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, which also features 50 two-bedroom equivalent Disney Vacation Club units; the magical, 973-room Disneyland Hotel – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the 481-room Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with its “day-at-the-beach” theme. For information on attractions and vacations at the Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com, call (866) 43-DISNEY or contact local travel agents. Located in Anaheim, Calif., the Disneyland Resort opened July 17, 1955.