Walt Disney on Innovation: “We keep moving forward—opening up new doors and doing new things—because we’re curious. And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. We’re always exploring and experimenting.”
Overview: As one of the uniquely themed areas in Disney California Adventure Park, Paradise Gardens Park celebrates the romance and charm of waterfront leisure. Positioned around Paradise Bay, this land offers attractions, dining, shopping and entertainment for friends and family to enjoy together.
What’s New: At Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party, guests may enjoy the “World of Color” show, “Villainous!” as it brings frightful fun to Paradise Bay. In this show, Oogie Boogie weaves a Halloween tale about a young girl named Shelley Marie who has a decision to make about her Halloween costume and finds herself wondering if she could really be as strong and unique as some of her favorite Disney characters. Oogie Boogie Bash, a seasonal separate-ticket, after-hours event, also features the “Frightfully Fun Parade,” making its way through Paradise Gardens Park and bringing together Disney characters and villains who are ready to greet guests.
Don’t Miss: Throughout the year, Paradise Gardens Park transforms for different festivals including Lunar New Year, Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival, Día de los Muertos, Festival of Holidays and Viva Navidad. Each offering is unique and features activities such as festive food and beverage, arts and crafts, special character encounters, exclusive entertainment and more.
- Goofy’s Sky School (FastPass)
Entertainment: At night, Paradise Bay lights up as guests experience the wonder of Disney storytelling through music and scenes from beloved Disney and Pixar films during the nighttime spectacular “World of Color.” This magical show features dazzling special effects including projections on jets of water, lasers and pyrotechnics. FastPass for “World of Color” is available via Disney MaxPass on the Disneyland app and at the FastPass distribution machines located byThe Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure.
Dining: Paradise Gardens Park offers several quick-service dining locations that provide guests with a variety of menu options. At Bayside Brews, guests will find a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as well as different style pretzels. Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta offers pizza, pasta, salads, snacks and Disney check meals for kids. The Paradise Garden Grill menu changes seasonally, creating unique dishes that are available for a limited time. At Corn Dog Castle, guests will find a selection of hand-dipped corn dogs. Mobile order is available via the Disneyland app for Corn Dog Castle, Paradise Garden Grill and Bayside Brews.
Shopping: At Seaside Souvenirs, guests will find merchandise options including specialty hats that can be custom embroidered. This open-air shop is inspired by classic souvenir stands of the 1930s.
Imaginative Landscaping: Paradise Gardens Park features Victorian-style architecture as well as “expo” architecture that recalls the whimsy and exuberant buildings that were often found at World’s Fairs.
Did you know?
- For the installation of “World of Color”, Paradise Bay was completely drained in 2008. Partnering with the Orange County Water District (OCWD), the water was slowly pumped out and sent to OCWD’s groundwater replenishment system. The water was purified and stored in the underground water basin. It was then used to refill Paradise Bay in 2010.
- Recycled water continuously circulates through Paradise Bay at a rate of 450,000 gallons per hour. That’s the equivalent of refilling an average-sized backyard swimming pool every 2 minutes.
- The “World of Color” show as well as the Silly Symphony Swings attraction celebrate their 10th anniversaries on June 11, 2020.
- Goofy’s Sky School takes guests on a wild ride along 1,200 feet of track that reaches 3 stories high.
- The Ursula Audio-Animatronic inside The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure is 12 feet wide.
- Silly Symphony Swings puts an exhilarating spin on the fun of the 1935 cartoon, “The Band Concert.” This beloved short features Mickey Mouse as a harried conductor who keeps his orchestra playing—even as a tornado whisks them all high in the sky.
- In true vintage sci-fi fashion, each vehicle on the Golden Zephyr is finished with quadruple stabilizer fins, gold and chrome trim, running lights and underbelly strobes.
Cast Member Tips:
- On some nights, Golden Zephyr closes early to accommodate“World of Color” Guests can check the entertainment schedule or the Disneyland app for “World of Color” showtimes.
# # #