ANAHEIM, Calif. – Disneyland Resort guests enjoy a variety of live performances, and many youngsters get their first taste of live theater in Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park. Even with all the spectacular rides and attractions in the parks, a Disneyland Resort guest could spend a full day and night simply enjoying the shows, large and small.
Throughout Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, guests encounter parades, dance parties, street performances, musical groups and live shows virtually at every turn. A full list of entertainment is available each day at the park entrances and on the official Disneyland app, and may include the following:
- “Fantasmic!” – The longest-running nighttime spectacular features enhanced, awe-inspiring effects, innovative state-of-the-art projection technology, and exciting storytelling elements. Guests can journey into Mickey Mouse’s vivid imagination as he conjures dreams of beauty, adventure, romance and, in the show’s thrilling climax, danger.
- “Mickey and the Magical Map” – The show, presented on the Fantasyland Theatre stage, features Mickey Mouse and other Disney characters in a dazzling adventure filled with music, fun and special effects.
- Fantasy Faire – Located near Sleeping Beauty Castle, Fantasy Faire features live shows that are presented in the Royal Theatre. Renaissance men Messieurs Smythe and Jones, with the assistance of some fellow villagers and a little help from the audience, bring the tales of “Beauty and the Beast” and “Tangled” to life with music, whimsy, humor and
- “Magic Happens” parade – Disneyland Resort debuted its all-new “Magic Happens” parade at Disneyland Park on Feb. 28, 2020. The incredible “Magic Happens” daytime spectacular celebrates the awe-inspiring moments of magic that are at the heart of so many Disney stories. This new parade, led by Mickey Mouse and his pals, celebrates moments of magic from Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios films as they are brought to life on a grand scale with stunning floats, artistic costumes and a surprising and energetic musical score combined with beloved Disney tunes.
At Disney California Adventure
- “Frozen – Live at the Hyperion” – The larger-than-life musical stage production at Disney California Adventure immerses guests in the beloved world of “Frozen” with elaborate costumes and sets, stunning special effects and show-stopping production
- “Disney Junior Dance Party!” – Mickey Mouse is joined by favorite Disney Junior show characters, including Doc McStuffins and Vampirina.
- “Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off!” – Star Lord and Gamora lead a groovy dance party set to rock and roll classics from Peter Quill’s beloved boom box.
- Mariachi Divas – Guests will discover the delightful divas of this groundbreaking, Grammy Award-winning mariachi musical group. They will enjoy a spirited mix of melodies, ranging from American pop music to Mexican folk songs and traditional tunes—all sung by a fabulous, all-female group of mariachis.
- “World of Color” – The innovative and immersive nighttime spectacular presented on Paradise Bay combines water, color, fire, music and animation to bring classic Disney stories to Walt Disney’s special gift for conjuring tales full of magic, excitement and heart, and the ingenuity of today’s Imagineers are evident throughout the show.
Parade routes and theatrical venues aren’t the only places where Disneyland Resort guests encounter live entertainment. There are magical encounters with a variety of characters- including heroes- and the parks are filled with energetic and talented performers.
At Disneyland, the Disneyland Band, the Dapper Dans quartet and the Refreshment Corner Piano Player are all on view on Main Street, U.S.A. In New Orleans Square, the toe-tapping shows star the rowdy piratical Bootstrappers, the Jambalaya Jazz Band and the mellow Royal Street Bachelors.
The gifted musicians of the All American College Band appear on Main Street, U.S.A. during the summer.
At Disney California Adventure, Buena Vista Street comes alive with the outgoing, improvisational Citizens of Buena Vista Street. The swinging jazz combo Five & Dime travels through the park on a makeshift jalopy, Green Army Men from “Toy Story” patrol the park with “Operation: Playtime!”
Cars Land in Disney California Adventure offers in-person greetings by Lightning McQueen, tow truck Mater, and fire engine Red (who waters the flowers and cleans up the streets).
The live entertainment experience at Disneyland Resort extends beyond the borders of the parks, with character meals and occasional musical entertainment at the Disneyland Resort hotels, and multiple live musical performances along the walkways of the Downtown Disney District dining, shopping and live entertainment throughout the promenade every evening.
# # #
About the Disneyland Resort
The Disneyland Resort features two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and Disney California Adventure Park – plus three hotels and the Downtown Disney District, comprising unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort’s hotels are the luxurious, 948-room Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, which also features 50 two-bedroom equivalent Disney Vacation Club units; the magical, 973-room Disneyland Hotel – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the 481-room Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with its “day-at-the-beach” theme. For information on attractions and vacations at the Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com, call (866) 43-DISNEY or contact local travel agents. Located in Anaheim, Calif., the Disneyland Resort opened July 17, 1955. Open daily, year-round.