Serves 1 to 2
2 cinnamon sticks
1 cup jasmine rice
2 cups filtered water
¾ cup whole milk
¾ cup condensed milk
¾ teaspoon vanilla syrup
¼ cup water
Dollop whipped cream
Pinch of ground cinnamon
1 Mexican cinnamon galleta (cookie)
For rice base:
- Combine cinnamon sticks, jasmine rice, and water in container and cover with lid.
- Allow to sit, in refrigerator, overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours to ensure cinnamon sticks and rice are softened.
- Blend and strain through cheesecloth and set aside.
- Combine whole milk and condensed milk in large container and stir in rice base. Add vanilla syrup; stir.
- Add ice to serving cup and pour Horchata over ice.
- Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Cut Mexican cinnamon galleta in half and place on whipped cream to create Mickey “ears.”