ANAHEIM, Calif. (August 7, 2019) – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the epic new land at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, Calif., has been sharing the unique sights, sounds, smells and tastes of a remote planet with guests who have reservations since May 31. Starting June 24, guests are invited to live their own Star Wars adventures on the planet Batuu as they take the controls of the Millennium Falcon, enjoy galactic food and beverages and explore the Black Spire Outpost.
Guests who are planning their visits for June 24 and beyond will have access to some new, innovative digital planning tools to help them make the most of their visits, resulting in more time to enjoy the Disneyland Resort. (Guests visiting this epic new land through June 23* will need a reservation to access the land.)
- For guests who wish to live out Star Wars adventures and access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge beginning June 24, Disneyland Resort may utilize a virtual queuing system, as needed, to help provide smooth access to the land. Guests are encouraged to download the Disneyland app before arriving and to check the app, or signage in the park the day of their visit, to find out if they need to be part of a boarding group to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge that day. The boarding group will save a virtual spot in line and allow guests to enjoy other experiences as they wait to be notified of a time to enter.**
- Guests may use the Disneyland app to request to be part of a boarding group after entering Disneyland Park, if boarding groups are implemented that day. The app will allow guests to link the theme park tickets of everyone in their party together to request the same boarding group for the entire party.
- Guests will be advised which boarding group is currently being admitted to the land on the app and also on digital signage in the park. Guests may also enable push notifications on their mobile devices to get a notification of when it’s time to enter the land.
- Guests may continue to enjoy shows, attractions and other experiences while watching for their boarding group, and they will not need to rush to get to the land. They have up to two hours to enter the land after their boarding group is called for admission.
- For guests not using the Disneyland app, a boarding group may be obtained with a park admission ticket at select Disney FastPass service locations such as Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones Adventure, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and near the Matterhorn Bobsleds.
- For a step-by-step guide on how to request a boarding group on the Disneyland app, guests may view a video on the Disney Parks YouTube channel. Information will also be available at Disneyland.com.
Planning ahead with reservations for Savi’s Workshop, Oga’s Cantina and Droid Depot***
- Beginning June 24, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will no longer require a reservation to access the land.
- To make trip planning easier and give guests more flexibility, Oga’s Cantina and Savi’s Workshop now offer advance reservations, which are highly recommended because walk-in opportunities are limited. Oga’s Cantina and Savi’s Workshop will follow the 60-day reservation process currently offered for restaurants and experiences requiring reservations. Guests may check availability and make reservations at Disneyland.com/Cantina or Disneyland.com/SavisWorkshop or through the Disneyland mobile app. Separate Disneyland Park admission is required.
- Guests may also plan in advance with a reservation for Droid Depot at com or through the Disneyland mobile app. A valid accepted credit card number is required at the time of booking. Droid Depot may also accommodate walk-ins each day, subject to availability.
- Reservations for both experiences will allow access into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the time of the reservation, so it will not be necessary to join a boarding group, if applicable, to enter the land to participate in a reserved experience.
Play Disney Parks Mobile App
- Guests are encouraged to download the Play Disney Parks mobile app in advance of their visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The Play Disney Parks app**** allows guests to deepen their engagement with the land and interact with the world around them on the planet Batuu. Guests who choose to engage through the app will be able to interact with droids, translate Aurebesh, scan cargo crates and other containers to collect virtual items, and more. Additionally, guests who are in the queue at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run may engage with the in-queue game while using the app to help make wait time fun, interactive and enjoyable.
*Access to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge experiences is subject to capacity. After June 23, 2019, access to Disneyland Park, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and experiences is subject to capacity.
**Admission to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is subject to capacity and joining a boarding group does not guarantee entry.
*** Separate Disneyland park admission is required.
***Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations, and features may vary by handset, service provider or otherwise. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.