Walt Disney on doing new things: “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” –Walt Disney
Overview: Beloved Pixar stories and characters come to life at Pixar Pier in Disney California Adventure Park, a land that features the thrilling Incredicoaster and Pixar Pal-A-Round attractions, imaginative neighborhoods, Pixar-inspired food, the Lamplight Lounge, plus exciting entertainment and more. Guests experience the wonderful worlds of Pixar in incredible new ways on this seaside waterfront at the Disneyland Resort. The year 2018 marked the “Year of Pixar” at Disney Parks, where guests celebrated two decades of Pixar stories and characters.
What’s New: The iconic Pixar Lamp now stands atop the dazzling Pixar Pier marquee, spotlighting those who pass through Pixar Pier’s entry.
Don’t Miss: The Incredicoaster takes guests on a super adventure with the Parr family to chase after the elusive baby Jack-Jack, a storyline that connects with fans of Disney•Pixar’s hit films, “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2.” Music, lighting, special effects, exciting character figures and distinctively colored vehicles add to the thrills on this super-speedy coaster, the fastest attraction at the Disneyland Resort.
- The Incredicoaster
- Pixar Pal-A-Round
- Toy Story Mania!
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel (opening in April, 2019)
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind (opening in 2019)
Entertainment: Pixar Promenade features the Games of Pixar Pier, where guests can test their skills and win a prize at colorful pay-for-play game booths: La Luna Star Catcher, Heimlich’s Candy Corn Toss, WALL•E Space Race and Bullseye Stallion Stampede. TripleDent Gum presents The Pixarmonic Orchestra is a zany, seven-piece band that performs a fun, upbeat musical style of favorite Pixar tunes.
Creative food and beverage locations extend all along Pixar Pier, with stories and menu items inspired by Pixar films. Fans looking for food and beverage with a side of story will enjoy Lamplight Lounge, an elegant yet fun gathering place for the entire family near the entrance of Pixar Pier. Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats, a fan favorite, is inspired by the lovable and not-at-all-abominable monster from “Monsters, Inc.” and it serves delicious soft-serve cones and parfaits. Jack-Jack Cookie Num Nums in Incredibles Park features baby Jack-Jack’s favorite treat for guests to enjoy.
At Toy Story Boardwalk, guests sample the fare at Poultry Palace and Señor Buzz Churros. Poultry Palace, which looks like the fun, oversized meal box and juice box featured in the Pixar short, “Toy Story Toon: Small Fry,” offers delicious turkey legs and chicken drumsticks. Señor Buzz Churros offers the quintessential Disneyland Resort treat.
Further along the path at Pixar Promenade, guests discover Anger from “Inside Out” at Angry Dogs, a spot where the more Anger burns with rage, the hotter the hot dogs get. Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff is also in Pixar Promenade, offering delightful confections such as saltwater taffy and rainbow cotton candy.
Shopping: Exciting new Pixar merchandise including apparel, accessories, drink ware and other souvenirs will be available for guests at the new Knick’s Knacks at Pixar Pier, as well as various other locations throughout the Disneyland Resort. Guests of all ages may don Incredibles-themed apparel and accessories with all new items celebrating the Parr family. Also at Knick’s Knacks, guests can even have a Disney artist create an original piece of art right before their eyes.
Imaginative Landscaping: Stretching from the Incredicoaster to Inside Out Headquarters, the design of Pixar Pier takes its inspiration from those seaside amusement parks and beachfront resorts on the California coast at the turn of the century, including such classic piers as Beach Boardwalk in Santa Cruz and Pacific Ocean park in Santa Monica. From its authentically crafted boardwalk to its classically styled attractions, Pixar Pier features fanciful facades and whimsical towers, decorated with colorful festoon lights, and murals, graphics and architectural ornaments that vividly showcase Pixar characters. Many structures on the pier are painted with resplendent jewel tones of ruby red, emerald green, sapphire blue and yellow topaz.
Did you know?
- Like “Easter eggs” hidden in Pixar films, many nods to Pixar films and the studios’ culture can be found at Lamplight Lounge, including beverage names.
- At the dawn of the 20th century, California’s coastline was dotted with dozens of scenic seaside amusement parks.
Cast member tips:
- Lamplight Lounge accepts walk-ins at both the upstairs and downstairs lounges. Try some of the shareable menu options including potato skins, tuna poke, carne asada rolls and the longtime favorite, lobster nachos.
- Check out the Pixarmonic Orchestra at the Pixar Pier Bandstand. They play Pixar tunes using traditional instruments, as well as unconventional music makers such as cowbells, kazoos, duck calls, sirens and slide whistles.
- Pixar Pier has many picturesque spots to snap a photo. Strike a pose at the Pixar Pier marquee, Boardwalk billboards or the Pixar Promenade fountain. And keep your eyes peeled for favorite Pixar characters to meet and take a photo with, from Mr. and Mrs. Incredible to Buzz and Woody.
- Try the It’s Lemon! soft serve from Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats for a non-dairy dessert that’s refreshing on a sunny day.