ANAHEIM, Calif. – Disneyland Resort guests enjoy a variety of live performances, and many youngsters get their first taste of live theater in Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park. Even with all the spectacular rides and attractions in the parks, a Disneyland Resort guest could spend a full day and night simply enjoying the shows, large and small.
Throughout Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, guests encounter parades, dance parties, street performances, musical groups and live shows virtually at every turn. A full list of entertainment is available each day at the park entrances and on the official Disneyland app, and may include the following:
- “Mickey’s Mix Magic” –This new projection show lights up the night at Disneyland park and creates a family-fun a dance party throughout the park. “DJ” Mickey spins the new celebration song, “It’s a Good Time,” along with new, fun takes on favorite Disney songs. On select nights, “Mickey’s Mix Magic” goes sky high when the show is enhanced with the addition of fireworks.
- “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade” –Presented daily, this popular parade features beloved Disney characters performing to a variety of rhythms and musical styles.
- “Mickey and the Magical Map” – The show, presented on the Fantasyland Theatre stage, features Mickey Mouse and other Disney characters in a dazzling adventure filled with music, fun and special effects.
- Fantasy Faire, near Sleeping Beauty Castle, features live shows that are presented in the Royal Theatre. Renaissance men Messieurs Smythe and Jones, with the assistance of some fellow villagers and a little help from the audience, bring the tales of “Beauty and the Beast” and “Tangled” to life with music, whimsy, humor and heart.
At Disney California Adventure
- “Pixarmonic Orchestra” – Since its summer 2018 debut during Pixar Fest, this seven-piece band, presented by TripleDent Gum from the Pixar film “Inside Out,” has entertained guests with its upbeat tunes and quirky style.
- “Frozen – Live at the Hyperion” – The larger-than-life musical stage production at Disney California Adventure immerses guests in the beloved world of “Frozen” with elaborate costumes and sets, stunning special effects, and show-stopping production numbers.
- “Disney Junior Dance Party!” – Mickey Mouse is joined by favorite Disney Junior show characters, including Doc McStuffins and newcomer Vampirina, who joined the fun in February, 2019.
- “Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off!” – Star Lord and Gamora lead a groovy dance party set to rock and roll classics from Peter Quill’s beloved boom box.
- “World of Color” – The innovative and immersive nighttime spectacular presented on Paradise Bay combines water, color, fire, music and animation to bring classic Disney stories to Walt Disney’s special gift for conjuring tales full of magic, excitement and heart, and the ingenuity of today’s Imagineers are evident throughout the show.
Parade routes and theatrical venues aren’t the only places where Disneyland Resort guests encounter live entertainment. There are magical encounters with live Disney and Disney•Pixar characters, and the parks are filled with energetic and talented performers.
At Disneyland, the Disneyland Band, the Dapper Dans quartet and the Refreshment Corner Piano Player are all on view on Main Street, U.S.A. In New Orleans Square, the toe-tapping shows star the rowdy piratical Bootstrappers, the Jambalaya Jazz Band and the mellow Royal Street Bachelors.
At the entrance to the Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland, guests may encounter the goofy Laughing Stock Company. The gifted musicians of the All American College Band appear on Main Street, U.S.A. during the summer.
At Disney California Adventure, Buena Vista Street comes alive with the Red Car Trolley News Boys and the outgoing, improvisational Citizens of Buena Vista Street. The swinging jazz combo Five & Dime travels through the park on a makeshift jalopy, Green Army Men from “Toy Story” patrol the park with “Operation: Playtime!”
Cars Land in Disney California Adventure offers in-person greetings by Lightning McQueen, tow truck Mater, fire engine Red (who waters the flowers and cleans up the streets) and “DJ’s Dance ‘n’ Drive,” a spontaneous street party designed to get everyone dancing with the vehicular music maker DJ.
The live entertainment experience at Disneyland Resort extends beyond the borders of the parks, with character meals and occasional musical entertainment at the Disneyland Resort hotels, and multiple live musical performances along the walkways of the Downtown Disney dining, shopping and entertainment district. Downtown Disney also offers live entertainment at Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen.
# # #
About the Disneyland Resort
The Disneyland Resort features two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and Disney California Adventure Park – plus three hotels and the Downtown Disney District, comprising unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort’s hotels are the luxurious, 948-room Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, which also features 50 two-bedroom equivalent Disney Vacation Club units; the magical, 973-room Disneyland Hotel – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the 481-room Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with its “day-at-the-beach” theme. For information on attractions and vacations at the Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com, call (866) 43-DISNEY or contact local travel agents. Located in Anaheim, Calif., the Disneyland Resort opened July 17, 1955. Open daily, year-round.