ANAHEIM, Calif. – The Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort is a fresh, one-of-a-kind Disney experience, immersing guests by day and night in an exciting mix of family-friendly dining, shopping and live entertainment. Downtown Disney District embarked on a promenade-wide transformation with several new openings and significant refurbishments to marquee dining and retail locations over the past year, with more exciting additions coming in 2019.
VIBRANT SETTING YEAR-ROUND: The Downtown Disney District has something for everyone with an assortment of shopping options, delicious dining and world-class entertainment open to the general public 365 days a year.
FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT: At Downtown Disney District, guests gather, relax and create memories with daily atmospheric music and entertainment. From Splitsville Luxury Lanes to The VOID’s hyper reality experience, fun for the whole family is only a few steps away.
ABUNDANCE OF FLAVOR: There are more than 15 different food and beverage locations, each offering unique settings and flavors. There is something for every taste—from open-air cafés and craft cocktails, to gourmet treats on-the-go and exquisite sit-down meals. Newly opened locations include Ballast Point Brewing Company, the first on-site brewery in the Downtown Disney District, and Salt & Straw, a scoop shop offering handmade ice cream in small batches using local, organic and sustainable ingredients. Coming soon in 2019 is the grand opening of Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes.
MAKE WAY FOR MORE MAGIC: The Downtown Disney District is conveniently located in the heart of all the action and is easily accessible for guests of the Disneyland Resort. Guests can walk to Downtown Disney District from Disneyland park, Disney California Adventure park and the three on-property hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
WORLD OF DISNEY: The flagship World of Disney store in the Downtown Disney District has been reimagined, unveiling a dynamic and distinctively new Disney retail experience. The transformation begins with the store’s exterior, which features new marquees and magical window displays. Inside, guests discover an open atmosphere inspired as an animators’ loft, with uniquely themed areas, pixie dust surprises in the decor, nods to the classics from Walt Disney Animation Studios and new merchandise collections. These innovative features reinforce World of Disney’s reputation as a must-visit destination for Disney fans, offering the largest selection of Disney toys, souvenirs, accessories, fashions and collectibles at the Disneyland Resort.
RECENTLY OPENED & COMING SOON
- This is Ballast Point Brewing Company’s first Orange County location, where the popular craft brewer serves 50 of its innovative beers across 100 taps, including its flagship Sculpin IPA and limited-edition beers exclusive to the Downtown Disney District. From grain to glass, Ballast Point Brewing Company is dedicated to the craft of its production. Beginning with selecting raw materials for the brewing process, there are 300-plus quality testing touch points. Family and friends are sure to enjoy Ballast Point’s creative and fun brewpub-style dishes, offering plates to share, salads and flatbreads, sandwiches, burgers and desserts, with gluten free and vegetarian options. Indoors, the restaurant’s design has a nautical vibe, inspired by Ballast Point’s love of the sea, and outdoors, a rooftop patio with cabana-style seating — all with fantastic views of the Downtown Disney District.
- The family-run ice cream company, Salt & Straw, is now open in Downtown Disney District. The scoop shop is known for its taste-provoking, imaginative ice cream creations, which uniquely capture the spirit of classic Americana.
- At The VOID, participants step into new, multi-sensory, hyper-reality environments with two new walk-through experiences, surrounded by 3D imagery, ground-breaking technology and immersive storytelling by ILMxLAB. In Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire, guests can save the galaxy and discover Imperial intelligence vital to the budding Rebellion’s survival. Or, guests can join Wreck-It Ralph and his adorable sidekick Vanellope von Schweetz in Ralph Breaks VR, an animated adventure into the internet.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes features 20 luxury bowling lanes interspersed throughout two floors, four dining areas (indoors and out), 25 flat screen TVs and live music 365 days a year. With a menu featuring fresh-rolled sushi, mouth-watering burgers and hand-tossed pizzas, Splitsville offers a one-of-a-kind dining and entertainment experience in a California-cool environment.
- Disney Home offers fans a variety of Disney-themed home-related treasures from glass ware to linens, kitchen goods and more. The carefully curated assortment of home goods available changes seasonally for guest shopping enjoyment.
- The Disney Dress Shop is a fan-favorite boutique offering retro-designed apparel and accessories inspired by favorite Disney characters and theme park attractions.
- For authentic southern Italian cuisine, visit the newly reimagined Naples Ristorante e Bar and adjacent Napolini Pizzeria for create-your-own thin-crust pizzas, pastas, soups and sandwiches across four different indoor and outdoor seating areas in the Naples corner complex.
- Wetzel’s Pretzels, an innovator in fresh, soft-baked pretzels, recently reopened its flagship store in the Downtown Disney District with an all-new, California inspired design by local artists with 12 hidden pretzels in a mural and bronze-sculpted, pretzel-shaped door handles.
- Coming spring 2019 is Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes, who will open its first California location in the heart of Downtown Disney. The menu will include its award-winning burgers and signature CrazyShake™ milkshakes.
MORE FUN FACTS
- The 20-acre, 300,000 square-foot avenue features approximately 30 distinct venues, including Catal Restaurant, Sprinkles, La Brea Bakery Café, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, Tortilla Jo’s, WonderGround Gallery, Curl Surf, PANDORA Jewelry and more.
- Marceline’s Confectionery is an old-fashioned candy shop where guests can watch nostalgic sweets and novel treats being made by hand. The exquisite place is named for Marceline, Missouri where Walt Disney lived as a boy.
- Sephora offers guests the very latest in makeup, skincare, and bath and body. This Paris-based beauty superstore also carries a range of hair products, tools, accessories and solutions for everyone’s beauty needs.
- After dark, the Downtown Disney District is bustling with live music at the main stage, strolling performers throughout the promenade and “meet the artist” events on select dates in WonderGround Gallery.
- Beautiful landscaping, seasonal horticulture and colorful florals adorn the Downtown Disney District.
- With valid park admission, guests can board the Disneyland Monorail at the Downtown Disney District. Guests will enjoy an approximate 13-minute ride around the resort while they sit back and enjoy the aerial views.
# # #