12 slices pancetta
12 slices sourdough bread
6 tablespoons butter, softened
6 slices Swiss cheese
6 slices aged cheddar cheese
6 slices Monterey jack cheese
1 (12 ounce) jar blackberry preserves
- Heat large skillet over medium-low heat for 5 minutes until hot. Add pancetta, working in batches if necessary, and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until crispy. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Heat sauté pan on medium heat for 3 minutes until warm. Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of bread in pan, buttered side down. Top with 1 slice of Swiss cheese, 1 slice of aged cheddar cheese, 2 slices of reserved pancetta, and 1 slice of Monterey jack cheese. Add remaining slices of bread, buttered side up.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook sandwich for two minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Turn sandwich and cook for 1-2 more minutes until desired texture and color.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Serve each sandwich with 2-ounces of blackberry preserves.