ANAHEIM, Calif. – It’s the most magical time of the year at the Disneyland Resort! From Nov. 9, 2018, through Jan. 6, 2019, guests will experience unforgettable entertainment, seasonal attractions, festive décor, creatively themed eats and treats, and holiday-themed merchandise. Family and friends will celebrate favorite holiday traditions and make new memories as holiday merriment combines with Disney magic to create wondrous experiences.
- The Disneyland Christmas tree stands 60-feet tall on Main Street, U.S.A. and has become a favorite spot for guests to snap their holiday photos. This year, the Christmas tree on Main Street, U.S.A. includes new lighting and décor, featuring 1,500 Victorian-inspired ornaments and 100 oversized faux candles.
- Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle is illuminated each night with more than 126,000 twinkling LED lights, sparkling “icicles” and shimmering snow-capped turrets.
- “it’s a small world” Holiday and the surrounding plaza are illuminated with more than 400,000 twinkling lights. The popular attraction transforms for the holidays, celebrating children around the world and the holiday traditions of their countries. Disney FastPass is available for this attraction.
- Mickey’s Toontown gives the holidays a wacky twist with its own distinctive “toon” trees and decorations to show off the characters’ personalities.
- Haunted Mansion Holiday presents a madcap celebration as the traditions of Halloween and Christmas collide. The transformation of this popular attraction is inspired by the classic film, “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas,” which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.
- This year marks the 18th anniversary of the gingerbread house in the Haunted Mansion ballroom, with this year’s design featuring a five-foot-tall gingerbread spider, prying the edible mansion off its foundation.
Disney California Adventure Park
- The popular Disney Festival of Holidays is a celebration of diverse cultural festivities, inspired by Christmas, Navidad, Hanukkah, Diwali, Kwanzaa and Three Kings Day. Guests enjoy food and beverage inspired by the holidays at 12 Festive Foods Marketplace locations, and they discover fun around every corner with uplifting music and dance performances, and more!
- Cars Land is adorned with special holiday décor throughout Radiator Springs, with decorations that reflect the unique personalities of the “Cars” characters who live there.
- Two attractions put the magic in overdrive as they transform for the holidays. Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters becomes Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree becomes Mater’s Jingle Jamboree.
- Mater and Luigi add even more cheer to the seasonal fun by singing holiday tunes for the occasion. Guests can sing along with renditions of classic holiday tunes, as well as a few originals.
- The songs on Mater’s Jingle Jamboree: “Christmas In Radiator Springs,” “Mater’s Jingle Jamboree,” “Radiator Rockin’ Holiday,” “The Gifts of the Mater” and “Tractors, Tractors, Tractors.”
- On Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl: “We Wish You Season’s Speedings,” “Joy To The Whirl,” “Jolly Joyous Santa Car,” “Carol Of The Horns” and “Jingle Bells.”
Hotels of the Disneyland Resort
- The three Hotels of the Disneyland Resort deck the halls with festive lobby displays, immersing guests in the seasonal style of each hotel.
- Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel features an underwater-themed Christmas tree complete with fish ornaments.
- The midcentury Disneyland Hotel gets a retro-holiday makeover with silver trees and bright colors.
- In the lobby at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, guests will marvel at the 7-foot-tall gingerbread house. It took 600 pounds of powdered sugar, 250 pounds of fondant, one pound of “pixie dust” and a 25-member team to construct this impressive confection.
- Nearly 10,000 poinsettia and 10,000 cyclamen plants decorate the Disneyland Resort for the holiday season.
- Holiday treats can be found throughout the resort with imaginative recipes that use traditional holiday flavors such as peppermint, gingerbread and eggnog.
- More than 150 new holiday items are available for shoppers seeking the ideal gift. To bundle up, Disney style, new arrivals include “ugly sweater”-themed apparel and headwear. Some popular holiday accessories return with all-new twists.
- Returning seasonal merchandise includes items themed to Mickey Mouse and friends, including apparel, plush, seasonal decorations, ornaments, Nutcrackers and more.
# # #