ANAHEIM, Calif. – Holidays at the Disneyland Resort is one of the most enchanting times of the year to visit the theme parks and also stay at one of three on-property hotels. Here are eight merry and bright ways guests will immerse themselves in the magic of the season at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort, Nov. 9, 2018 through Jan. 6, 2019:
- Christmas Trees, Décor and More:The Craftsman-inspired décor at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa extends to the holiday decorations, from garland woven with natural materials to the towering Christmas tree lit with “arts and crafts” motif lanterns. The midcentury Disneyland Hotel receives a retro-holiday makeover with silver trees and bright colors. The nautical theming at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel features blue, green and silver holiday décor—along with shells and starfish garland—to create a beachy holiday setting.
- Vacation Values: It’s a season of savings with up to 25 percent off select rooms at Hotels of the Disneyland Resort on select Sunday-Thursday evenings through Dec. 20, 2018. Guests can save up to 20 percent on standard rooms and 25 percent on premium rooms at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa; up to 15 percent on standard rooms and 20 percent on premium rooms at Disneyland Hotel, and up to 10 percent on premium rooms at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
- “Grand” Gingerbread House and Holiday Treats: A highlight at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa is the giant gingerbread replica of the hotel, a popular stop in the lobby. Standing 7 feet tall and 12 feet wide, the structure is created from more than 600 pounds of gingerbread, 600 pounds of powdered sugar, 250 pounds of fondant, 1 pound of pixie dust and features 25 hidden Mickeys. Nearby, guests may purchase sweet treats such as Mickey snowflake cookies from the lobby’s holiday cart.
- Santa Claus and Carolers: In 2018, Santa will visit each hotel from Nov. 22 through Dec. 24. Hotel guests are encouraged to meet, greet and take a seat with St. Nick! Guests also will be delighted to hear the joyful sounds of vocal performers and carolers strolling at various times throughout the holiday season at each resort hotel.
- A Very Merry Holiday Tea Party: At the Disneyland Hotel, guests celebrate the season with a traditional afternoon tea service, Disney style, on select dates from Nov. 16 – Dec. 31. Delectable delights include a Monte Cristo donut with lingonberry jam, cucumber hummus, smoked salmon pumpernickel, a classic British curry chicken sandwich, chocolate “coal” scones and desserts shaped in holiday wreaths, snowmen and Mickey in a Christmas hat. Seasonal teas include an apple pie green tea, an herbal sugar plum rooibos and a nutcracker black tea with hints of hazelnut and vanilla. Specialty cocktails feature a pear martini cocktail and a peppermint champagne spritz. Reservations are recommended and can be made on Disneyland.com, the Disneyland App or by calling the Dine Line at 714-781-DINE.
- Extra Magic Hour:With easy, convenient access to both parks, guests staying at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort will make the most of their visit with Extra Magic Hour admission with their valid theme park ticket. Extra Magic Hour offers park admission to a designated theme park one hour earlier than the general public. Extra Magic Hour is only available for guests who stay at a Disneyland Resort Hotel.*
- Christmas Trees Delivered In Room: Parents can enlist Santa’s secret helpers to bring the spirit of the season right to their hotel room, surprising the kids with a 4-foot, pre-lit Christmas tree, holiday décor and gift baskets with candy canes, gingerbread-flavored popcorn and frosted pretzels. Afterward, the family’s tree—including all the ornaments—can be shipped home.**
- Holiday Shopping:Gift shops at each hotel offer unique Disney treasures. Additional shopping is just steps from the hotels at the Downtown Disney District, a destination of its own with dining, entertainment and retail options. A must-visit site for Disney fans is the newly reimagined, 40,000 square-foot World of Disney. This store was redesigned to make shopping even easier and more entertaining with touches of pixie dust in the displays and merchandise collections. Other favorite boutiques are the Disney Home store and The Disney Dress Shop, which opened in 2018. Other shopping destinations include Sephora, PANDORA Jewelry and Curl Surf.
* Extra Magic Hour valid for registered Disneyland® Resort Hotel Guests for admission to the designated theme park before the park opens to the general public. Check Disneyland.com for schedule of when each park offers Extra Magic Hour. Each registered hotel Guest (ages 3 and older) must have a valid theme park ticket and active hotel room key card. Applicable theme park, days and times of operation and attractions and services availability may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to capacity, cancellation and other restrictions.
**Additional costs apply.
ϮSavings based on the non-discounted price for the same room at the same hotel for most Sunday through Thursday nights through 12/20/18. Book through 12/6/18; travel must be completed by 12/21/18. Premium room types included in offer are Premium, Deluxe and Woods/Garden/Courtyard rooms; select Concierge rooms; and only Paradise, Artisan, Junior and Regal suites. Not valid on previously booked rooms. Advance reservations required. Subject to availability as the number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Excludes applicable fees and taxes. Limit two (2) rooms per reservation, and occupancy restrictions apply per room. Not valid in combination with any other hotel discounts or offers. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Separate Theme Park admission required to enjoy the Parks.