ANAHEIM, Calif. – The Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort is a fresh, one-of-a-kind Disney experience, immersing guests by day and night in an exciting mix of family-friendly dining, shopping and entertainment. Throughout 2018, Downtown Disney District has embarked on a promenade-wide transformation. Multiple new venues and significant refurbishments to marquee dining and retail locations, including the World of Disney store, have taken place throughout the year while Downtown Disney remains open to guests.
VIBRANT SETTING YEAR-ROUND: The Downtown Disney District has something for everyone with an assortment of shopping options, delicious dining and world-class entertainment open to the general public 365 days a year.
FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT: At Downtown Disney District, guests gather, relax and create memories with daily atmospheric music and nightly entertainment. From Splitsville Luxury Lanes to The VOID’s hyper reality experience, fun for the whole family is only a few steps away.
ABUNDANCE OF FLAVOR: More than 15 different food and beverage locations offer unique settings and flavors. There is something for every taste—from open-air cafés and craft cocktails, to gourmet treats on-the-go and exquisite sit-down meals. Newest to open is Salt & Straw, a scoop shop offering handmade ice cream using local, organic and sustainable ingredients.
MAKE WAY FOR MORE MAGIC: The Downtown Disney District is conveniently located in the heart of all the action and is easily accessible for guests of the Disneyland Resort. Guests can walk to Downtown Disney District from Disneyland park, Disney California Adventure park and the three on-property hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
WORLD OF DISNEY: The flagship World of Disney store in the Downtown Disney District has been reimagined, unveiling a dynamic and distinctively new Disney retail experience. The transformation begins with the store’s exterior, which features new marquees and magical window displays. Inside, guests discover an open atmosphere inspired as an animators’ loft, with uniquely themed areas, pixie dust surprises in the decor, nods to the classics from Walt Disney Animation Studios and new merchandise collections. These innovative features reinforce World of Disney’s reputation as a must-visit destination for Disney fans, offering the largest selection of Disney toys, souvenirs, accessories, fashions and collectibles at the Disneyland Resort.
RECENTLY OPENED & COMING SOON
- The family-run ice cream company, Salt & Straw, is now open in Downtown Disney District. The scoop shop is known for its taste-provoking, imaginative ice cream creations, which uniquely capture the spirit of classic Americana.
- Guests can step into the Star Wars universe during the new multi-sensory experience, Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire by ILMxLAB and The VOID. The hyper-reality experience transports guests into the rebellion, allowing them to walk freely and untethered throughout the space.
- The new Splitsville Luxury Lanes features 20 luxury bowling lanes interspersed throughout two floors, four dining areas (indoors and out), 25 flat screen TVs and live music 365 days a year. With a menu featuring fresh-rolled sushi, mouth-watering burgers and hand-tossed pizzas, Splitsville offers a one-of-a-kind dining and entertainment experience in a California-cool environment.
- Disney Home offers fans a variety of Disney-themed home-related treasures from glass ware to linens, kitchen goods and more. The carefully curated assortment of home goods available changes seasonally for guest shopping enjoyment.
- The Disney Dress Shop is a fan-favorite boutique offering retro-designed apparel and accessories inspired by favorite Disney characters and theme park attractions.
- Ballast Point will open in late 2018 to house Downtown Disney District’s first on-site brewery, as well as a tasting room, kitchen and outdoor beer garden. Orange County’s first location for the popular craft brewer will serve its iconic beers, including its flagship Sculpin IPA, as well as exclusive, limited-edition beers available only at Downtown Disney District.
- Also coming soon is Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes, which will open its first California location in the heart of Downtown Disney District. From New York native and Michelin Star awarded Chef Joe Isidori, the menu will include its award-winning burgers and signature CrazyShake™ milkshakes.
MORE FUN FACTS
- The 20-acre, 300,000 square-foot avenue features approximately 30 distinct venues, including Catal Restaurant, Sprinkles, La Brea Bakery Café, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, Tortilla Jo’s, Naples Ristorante e Bar, WonderGround Gallery, Curl Surf, PANDORA Jewelry and more.
- Sephora offers guests the very latest in makeup, skincare and men’s and women’s fragrance. The Downtown Disney District location is one of this Paris-based beauty superstore’s flagship locations and also carries a range of hair care, tools, accessories and solutions for everyone’s beauty needs.
- Beautiful landscaping, seasonal horticulture and colorful florals dot the Downtown Disney District.
- With valid park admission, guests can board the Disneyland Monorail at Downtown Disney. Guests will enjoy an approximate 13-minute ride around the resort while they sit back and enjoy the aerial views.
# # #
Disneyland Resort Public Relations