ANAHEIM, Calif. (Sept. 6, 2018) – Halloween Time returns to the Disneyland Resort with fun festivities, spooky sights and dreadful delights. Guests won’t want to miss this “Spooktacular” season, which runs from Sept. 7 through October 31, 2018. These 13 photo moments will make any Halloween time visit picture perfect.
- Strike a pose with Vampirina: For the first time at the Disneyland Resort, popular Disney Junior star Vampirina will greet guests and take photos with them, beginning this Halloween season. Vampirina, also known as “Vee,” brings the spooky fun with her wherever she goes, from Transylvania to Pennsylvania…to Disney Parks. Guests may find her in Disney California Adventure Park.
- Capture the dreadfully delightful décor on Buena Vista Street: At Disney California Adventure, Buena Vista Street is decked out for Halloween Time. Must-see photo spots include Oogie Boogie looming over the park’s entrance marquee and the haunting Headless Horseman statue across from Carthay Circle Restaurant.
- Snag a snapshot on Main Street, U.S.A.: What Halloween time photo is more classic than the Mickey Mouse jack-o-lantern on Main Street, U.S.A.? Main Street photo moments don’t have to stop there, though. This area is brimming with festive décor, from beautiful banners to fall-inspired flowerbeds.
- Snap a photo outside Haunted Mansion Holiday with Jack Skellington and Sally: Jack Skellington and Sally will materialize in New Orleans Square near the Haunted Mansion. Afterwards, guests may hop into a doom buggy and celebrate the 25th anniversary of “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” with a ride on Haunted Mansion Holiday. Happy haunts materialize outside the attraction, too, as guests use the Play Disney Parks app to find Halloween-themed gameboards, listen to a special Disney Villains playlist by accessing Apple Music®* from within the app, and receive specialHalloween attraction ride achievements for Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy.
- Take a Halloween portrait with Mickey Mouse and friends: Catch the “Fab Five” – Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy and Pluto – sporting their Halloween costumes along Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure. These photo moments offer a fun and festive spin on classic photos with the beloved characters that started it all.
- Watch intergalactic ghosts appear in your Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy photo: As guests visit Tomorrowland, the home of Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, spooky sounds and spirits surround their rocket ship as it races through the stars, and an on-ride photo of the eerie experience is waiting at the exit. This attraction is best experienced with Disney MaxPass to snag a digital Disney FastPass selection (subject to availability) and receive unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos captured during the day, including images like these.**
- Return to The Collector’s Fortress after dark: Daring guests will return to The Collector’s Fortress after the sun sets for a risky rescue mission at Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark, the seasonal edition of popular attraction Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! At dusk, the Fortress makes for a terrifically terrifying photo opportunity.
- Commemorate your cruise though Radiator Screams in Cars Land: Radiator Springs becomes Radiator Screams for the “Haul-O-Ween” season. Take a spine-tingling spin on Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween and Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree and check out all the frightful additions from Scary the Scare-car to the creepy, crawly Spider-car at Flo’s V8 Café.
- Celebrate the season with the Cars in their “car-stumes”: Strike a pose with Lightning McQueen, Mater and friends in their creepy and cute “car-stumes.” Guests will find Mater dressed up as a “van-pire,” Lightning as a super hero, Cruz Ramirez as a pirate, Red the Fire Truck as a clown and DJ as a punk rocker.
- Photograph festive food and beverage: Choose from new offerings like sweet potato hand pie, chocolate graveyard sponge cake or layered pumpkin cheesecake at Jolly Holiday Bakery Café on Main Street, U.S.A. Over in Disney California Adventure Park, try the conchita, a traditional Mexican sweet bread complete with a decorative topping in the shape of main character Miguel from Disney-Pixar’s “Coco,” making it all the more photo-worthy.
- Take a selfie to show off your seasonal souvenirs: Foodies and photographers alike will delight in the new merchandise offerings this year. Suited for all your spell-casting and potion-brewing needs, the Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket and Green Poison Apple Stein are available for the first time. In addition, guests will find a wide array of seasonal t-shirts, mugs, plush, pins, purses and more throughout the resort.
- Witness a Grand pumpkin display at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa: At Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, guests will feast their eyes on a sweet surprise – a pumpkin patch built out of cereal treats, 200 pounds of icing, 100 pounds of chocolate and 300 pounds of fondant. This delicious display sits 15 feet tall and 12 feet wide inside the lobby of the hotel, and the Oogie Boogie pumpkin is over four feet tall. See if you can capture a hidden Mickey or two in your photo.
- Smile and say “Halloween” with your favorite pumpkin at the Downtown Disney District display: The pumpkin display in the Downtown Disney District includes plenty of pumpkins with bright, saturated colors and interesting shapes and textures. The impressive assortment includes 17 different types of pumpkins in a variety of styles, with more than 2,150 pumpkins and squash on display.
*Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations, and features may vary by handset, service provider or otherwise. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first. Some features require Apple Music subscription and are only available on iOS devices. Separate terms and conditions apply.
Apple Music is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries
**Guests are strongly advised to check the day’s FASTPASS® availability and other theme park details before purchasing Disney MaxPass. Disney FASTPASS® selections for popular attractions or entertainment (as applicable) may not be available at the time of Disney MaxPass use as FASTPASS® selections are limited and availability is not guaranteed. FASTPASS® selections may be made only while you are in the parks. Attraction and entertainment FASTPASS® selections available through Disney MaxPass are subject to change without notice. Disney PhotoPass® service is subject to the Disney PhotoPass® terms found at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/photopass-terms-conditions/. Online registration required. Disney PhotoPass® Photos captured during the day your Disney MaxPass feature is used must be linked to your Disney account and may be downloaded pursuant to the expiration policy at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/photopass-expiration-policy/. Not responsible for missing, lost or damaged photos. Downloads are restricted to personal use by Disney account holder only and may not be used for a commercial purpose. The Disney MaxPass feature is nonrefundable, nontransferable, may not be redeemed for cash and will expire at the end of the day of use. Subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice.