Colorful and Energetic Shopping District Provides the Gateway to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Parks
With live entertainment, lush landscaping and innovative architecture, Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort is the ideal location for a shopping spree, a dining excursion or simply a stroll through a unique Disney environment. The colorful sights and lively sounds of Downtown Disney provide a stimulating avenue to the entrances of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Parks, and offer visitors an array of innovative restaurants, interesting shops and dynamic entertainment venues.
The 300,000-plus square-foot Downtown Disney District (no admission fee required) features a diverse menu of unique retail, dining and entertainment options, including Starbucks, ESPN Zone restaurant, La Brea Bakery Café, The LEGO Store, Rainforest Café, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, PANDORA Jewelry, AMC Downtown Disney 12 Theatres, and, of course, World of Disney Store.
Coming soon to Downtown Disney is a new hyper-reality experience, Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire by ILMxLAB and The VOID. Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire will transport guests deep into the Star Wars universe, walking freely and untethered throughout the multisensory experience with friends and family. In groups of four, teams will go undercover as stormtroopers to capture Imperial intelligence vital to the budding rebellion’s survival.
Also set to open soon is Splitsville Luxury Lanes, a family-friendly restaurant with a unique combination of dining, bowling and live entertainment.
Rainforest Café, “A Wild Place to Shop and Eat” offers distinctive food, entertainment and unique shopping in a tropical rain forest setting featuring a combination of live and animated wildlife and other special effects.
Combining a peppered mix of traditional New Orleans cuisine and live jazz, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen at Downtown Disney is presented by The Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group, a tradition in the New Orleans’ fine-dining restaurant scene. With its French Quarter-inspired architecture, the restaurant is an authentic slice of the “big easy” in the middle of Southern California.
Chef Alfonso Ramirez at Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar is known throughout Southern California for his ability to create nostalgic dishes that incorporate California produce and local products. The two-story Catal Restaurant is an upscale, yet casual establishment that offers an array of Mediterranean eats, including its classic paella dishes. It sits in the heart of Downtown Disney along with its sister restaurant, Uva Bar & Café, which is known for its lively environment. The menu consists of hearty burgers, fish tacos and craft, California beers and craft cocktails.
Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria brings an authentic taste of Southern Italy to Downtown Disney. The restaurant features an open kitchen where diners can observe the preparation of a variety of Italian dishes, including pizza baked in wood-burning ovens. Nearby is Napolini, a gourmet Italian deli offering fresh salads, pastas, pizza and sandwiches.
Tortilla Jo’s showcases traditional Mexican dishes in a bright and welcoming space. The signature tableside guacamole, handmade tortillas, fresh seafood dishes and eclectic list of margaritas and tequilas can be enjoyed in the multi-story restaurant or outdoor cantina. Live mariachis play folk ballads every Saturday night and select holidays.
La Brea Bakery Café, known throughout Los Angeles since 1989 for its unique breads and pastries, brings its full service and quick service bakery cafe to Downtown Disney. It is perfectly situated at the entrance to both parks which makes it perfect for picking up a quick bite to eat or sitting on the patio for a causal dining experience. The café serves brunch daily until 3 p.m. featuring a menu of classic breakfast fare, soups, salads, sandwiches and artisan pizzas. After 3 p.m., they offer a dinner menu with a selection of salads, entrees, pastas, pizzas and seafood. Hand crafted cocktails, beers and wines are available.
ESPN Zone restaurant at Downtown Disney is the ultimate sports dining and entertainment destination. The restaurant is composed of three distinct areas: the Studio Grill, serving great American grill food; the Screening Room, the ultimate sports-viewing and dining environment for any fan; and the Sports Arena, which challenges fans with the latest in interactive and competitive attractions.
A colorful, distinct and diverse collection of shops adds to the late night and daytime fun of Downtown Disney. At 40,000 square-feet, World of Disney at Downtown Disney is one of the biggest Disney shopping experiences on earth, second only to its sister store at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. It offers an incredible selection of Disney toys, souvenirs, accessories and collectibles in a variety of colorful and imaginatively decorated themed shopping areas.
Other Downtown Disney venues include favorite snacking stops, as well as boutiques for fashion, jewelry, sunglasses, fragrances, art, gifts, food items and souvenirs:
- Curl Surf – Celebrate surf culture with sun-drenched clothes, accessories, shoes and sandals, eyewear, swimwear and more from top brands such as Billabong, Quiksilver and Hurley. Also a wide selection of various trendy Women’s Apparel. It’s summer all year long at Curl Surf where the latest beach fashions are always in style.
- D Street – A fusion of urban style with a Disney twist, D Street is the place to find modern and cutting-edge apparel, Star Wars and Marvel items and other pop culture novelties. D Street is also considered the flagship location for Vinylmation figures and collectibles.
- Dream Boutique – Offering a wide variety of apparel, toys and accessories celebrating beloved Disney heroines, this place is a dream!
- Earl of Sandwich – Signature hot sandwiches are served for breakfast, lunch and dinner at this eatery, founded by a direct descendent of John Montague, the earl who invented the sandwich in 1792. Soups, salads, wraps, pastries and desserts are also on the menu.
- Häagen-Dazs – Indulge in irresistible creations made with super premium ice cream, sorbet and frozen yogurt. The store also proudly brews Peet’s Coffee and Tea.
- Jamba Juice – Celebrate the flavors of life with a variety of smoothies, juices and smoothie bowls.
- The LEGO Store – The LEGO Store offers hundreds of construction sets and LEGO products in a hands-on creative environment that will entertain families and kids of all ages.
- Marceline’s Confectionery – Named for Marceline, Missouri, where Walt Disney grew up, this nostalgic sweet shop delivers “a spoonful of sugar” in a big way with hand-crafted signature items created by a talented team of Disney candy makers. Guest favorites include caramel apples, crispy treats, seasonal chocolate-covered strawberries and more.
- PANDORA Jewelry – Craft personal style with one-of-a-kind charm bracelets and coordinating jewelry. Guests are invited to explore the array of hand-finished necklaces, earrings, rings, charms and bracelets in .925 sterling silver and 14 karat gold.
- Sanuk – Best known for its Yoga Mat sandal and Sidewalk Surfers, which feature a patented sandal construction that allows feet to move in natural comfort, Sanuk offers a variety of stylish and innovative footwear for the outdoor community.
- Sephora – Shop what’s hot in cosmetics, fragrances, skincare and more at this juggernaut emporium for all things beauty. Demonstrations on application are available daily.
- Sprinkles – Sprinkle some sweetness into the day with an irresistible variety of hand-crafted gourmet cupcakes and decadent cookie creations.
- Starbucks – Two unique locations bring Starbucks’ most engaging experiences to guests with technology designed specifically for these stores. In addition to its regular beverage and food selection, the stores offer some of the rarest coffees available.
- Sunglass Icon – Allow certified sun fashion consultants help select the perfect style from a variety of designers including Prada, Ray Ban, Gucci, Oakley and more.
- Wetzel’s Pretzels – This state-of-the-art pretzel house hand rolls, hand crafts and freshly squeezes the finest ingredients into innovative deliciousness.
- WonderGround Gallery – Distinct and eclectic, this uncommon art gallery provides the ultimate creative space for a new generation of artists. The gallery features original and limited-edition artwork, as well as artist appearances throughout the year.
The Downtown Disney District parking lot is conveniently located next to the action and offers two hours of parking with a $20 minimum purchase and validation from any Downtown Disney location. Guests can also enjoy up to four hours of parking with validation from any Downtown Disney table-service restaurant or AMC Downtown Disney 12 Theatres.
# # #
Disneyland Resort Public Relations