ANAHEIM, Calif. – Guests visiting the Disneyland Resort during Pixar Fest will find many ways to enjoy their favorite Pixar films and characters, including a new nighttime spectacular, the return of two favorite parades with fresh new Pixar surprises, new décor, atmosphere entertainment, creatively themed food and beverage and exclusive Pixar Fest merchandise – now through Sept. 3, 2018.
- “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular”: Beloved Pixar stories and characters come to life at Disneyland park through dazzling pyrotechnics, projections, memorable music and a heartwarming story which celebrates the theme of friendship. This new firework show invites guests to embark on an emotional journey that begins with the meeting of unlikely Pixar pals and follows their adventures as they overcome obstacles and forge everlasting friendships.
- “Pixar Play Parade”: For the first time, “Pixar Play Parade” makes its way through Disneyland Park. Also new: Leading the parade are the iconic Pixar Lamp and Pixar Ball from the Pixar original short, “Luxo Jr.,” and guests are greeted by some favorite Pixar pals, Russell, Kevin, Dug, and Carl Fredricksen from “Up,” along with Joy, Sadness and Bing Bong from “Inside Out.”
- Musical Entertainment: Special renditions of “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” from “Toy Story” will be performed by various musical groups, including the Disneyland Band, Straw Hatters, Dapper Dans, Main Street Piano Player, Royal Street Bachelors and Jambalaya Jazz Band. The Straw Hatters also perform a rendition of “Married Life” from “Up,” along with the Royal Street Bachelors who add “If I Didn’t Have You” from “Monsters, Inc.” to their repertoire.
- Pixar Pals Dance Party: Beginning June 8, The Pixar Pals Dance Party at the Tomorrowland Terrace will get guests of all ages mixing, mingling and dancing with some of their favorite Pixar pals. The dance party is an ideal time to get up close with Pixar characters such as Russell, Dug, Woody, Jessie, the Green Army Men and more.
- Disneyland Monorail: The Disneyland Monorail joins the Pixar fun by showcasing Pixar characters on the exteriors of each monorail. One monorail train features The Incredibles and Frozone showcasing their Super strengths while Nemo, Marlin, Dory, Crush and Squirt swim through a rip current on another train.
- Alien Pizza Planet: In Tomorrowland, the popular Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port transforms into Alien Pizza Planet during Pixar Fest, inspired by the loveable, green Space Aliens from the family restaurant frequented by Andy (and his toys) in “Toy Story.” The Aliens are invading this popular dining spot to deliver fresh, hot pizzas and other items that are out of this world, including the new specialty pepperoni pizza and cheeseburger pizza.
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters: In this interactive attraction, guests fire lasers to help battle the Evil Emperor Zurg, who is trying to steal the batteries from helpless toys.
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage: Guests take a submarine voyage to explore the world of Nemo and his underwater friends.
- “it’s a small world”: Woody, Jessie and Bullseye from “Toy Story” are among the many toys and dolls found in this classic attraction.
- Character encounters with Pixar pals: Guests can meet Merida from “Brave” in Fantasyland and Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story” in Frontierland.
- “Fantasmic!”: Favorite Pixar characters appear in the finale of “Fantasmic!” nightly on the Rivers of America.
Disney California Adventure Park
- “Paint the Night” Parade: “Paint the Night” parade returns, and this time guests will enjoy the parade’s more than 1 million, brilliant LED lights and catchy tunes at Disney California Adventure. “Paint the Night” features pals from “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.” and “Cars.” In June, a new, high-energy float inspired by “The Incredibles” will add to the Pixar fun.
- Pixar Shorts Film Festival: The Sunset Showcase Theater in Hollywood Land features a collection of Pixar Shorts during most of Pixar Fest, including favorites such as “For the Birds,” “La Luna” and “LAVA.”
- Draw Pixar pals at Animation Academy: Guests may learn how to draw their favorite Pixar characters with the artists at Animation Academy. With step-by-step instructions provided by an illustrator, guests will draw favorite Pixar characters including Sulley, Dug, Edna Mode, Jack-Jack, Bing Bong and more.
- Pixar Pals at Paradise Gardens: Paradise Gardens celebrates Pixar pals with character experiences, musical performances and themed food and décor. The entrance archway to Paradise Gardens features a “Pixar Pals” marquee, along with colorful artwork of some of Pixar’s most beloved characters.
- Pixar Character Experiences: Throughout the day, guests will meet and pose for photos with their favorite Pixar pals such as Woody & Buzz, Mike & Sulley, Mr. & Mrs. Incredible, Flik & Atta and Russell & Dug.
- TripleDent Gum presents The Pixarmonic Orchestra: Guests will enjoy the tunes of TripleDent Gum presents The Pixarmonic Orchestra at the Paradise Garden Bandstand. The zany, seven-piece band performs a fun-filled repertoire of songs from Pixar films with unconventional instruments such as cowbells, kazoos, duck calls, sirens and slide whistles. This summer, The Pixarmonic Orchestra will move to a new location at Pixar Pier.
Pixar Decor: Iconic poster art from Pixar films is on display throughout Paradise Gardens. In addition, a sculpted display of Héctor, Miguel and Dante celebrates Pixar’s most recent Academy Award®-winning animated feature, “Coco.”
Paradise Garden Grill: Inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “Coco,” the Paradise Garden Grill features delicious dishes such as Yucatán inspired vaporcitos, mole verde con pollo and tacos de estilo callejero.
- Cars Land: Guests step into the world of Radiator Springs with three attractions plus themed shopping and dining locations across 12 acres.
- Toy Story Mania!: Guests shrink to the size of toys and take aim at objects to score points in 4D midway-inspired carnival games hosted by the characters from the “Toy Story” films.
- “A Bug’s Land”: Shrinking to the size of a bug, guests experience this story through family-friendly attractions.
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!: Guests take a wild taxi ride through Monstropolis with Mike and Sulley as they search for their lost human friend, Boo.
- Turtle Talk with Crush: Crush, the sea turtle from “Finding Nemo,” interacts with guests in live, real-time, animated conversations.
- DJ’s Dance ‘n Drive: The interactive dance party in Cars Land invites guests to move to the music.
Disneyland Resort Hotels
- Pixar-Themed Room Package: Guests staying at the Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa can make the most of their Pixar Fest vacations with a Pixar-themed room package. This special includes a colorful, Pixar-filled welcome with a door banner, themed blanket and balloons, and a limited-edition Pixar Fest print to take home. This premium package also includes reserved viewing for the popular “Paint the Night” parade in Disney California Adventure park. Details and booking information can be found on Disneyland.com.
- Pixar Fest Summer Pool Parties: Beginning Memorial Day weekend, the pools of the Disneyland Resort hotels will host daily Pixar-themed pool parties. Guests will be fully immersed in the Pixar fun with special games, activities and an energetic playlist featuring upbeat Pixar music.
- Pixar Movie Nights: Guests may watch their favorite Pixar films under the stars during the Disneyland Hotels’ movie nights. Before each movie starts, guests can participate in Pixar-focused trivia and experience other fun surprises.
- Pixar Fest Photo Frames: Guests may snap a photo with their friends and families with special Pixar Fest photo frames. Details are available at the hotel front desk.
- Pixar Shorts in Kids Areas:
- Pixar-Themed Room Keys: Guests staying at the Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel receive a Pixar Fest-themed key card featuring a new Pixar design.
Downtown Disney District
- Pixar-Themed Topiaries: Guests visiting the Downtown Disney District will spot a few of their favorite Pixar friends in the form of beautiful topiaries during Pixar Fest. These topiaries feature geometric shapes and the color schemes of Pixar characters, including Marlin, Dory, Nemo, Crush and Squirt from “Finding Nemo,” Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, Buzz, and the Aliens from “Toy Story” and Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, Violet, Dash, Jack-Jack, Edna Mode and Frozone from “The Incredibles.”
- Marceline’s Confectionery: Guests will find a selection of Pixar-inspired desserts will at Marceline’s Confectionery.