Walt Disney on new places: “Always, as you travel, assimilate the sounds and sights of the world.”
Overview: Ever since the Gold Rush, California has been home to one of the most ethnically diverse populations in the world. The Pacific Wharf is a richly themed culinary showcase for these cultural influences, recreating the atmosphere of a “cannery row” area seen in such cities as San Francisco, Monterey and San Diego. Here, guests may tour the working bread factory during The Bakery Tour hosted by Boudin Bakery to watch the creation of sourdough bread and receive a tasty sample. Elsewhere, charming restaurants offer a variety of foods that provide a taste of California’s diverse culinary heritage.
What’s new: The Alfresco Tasting Terrace, on the second floor of the Golden Vine Winery, offers small plates of classic Mediterranean favorites complemented by wines from the “Disney Family of Wines,” a collection whose vintners have a personal connection to the Disney name. The wine list is the only one at a Disney Resort to feature all eight wineries of the “Disney Family of Wines.”
Don’t miss: gives guests the opportunity to follow along with the factory’s prerecorded hosts, film and television stars Rosie O’Donnell and Colin Mochrie, as they explain the process of creating the delicious bread. At the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop, guests strike it rich with sublime sundaes, cones and shakes made with premium Ghirardelli chocolate. A symbol of San Francisco since 1852, Ghirardelli chocolate is known around the world for its exceptional flavor and quality. At Disney California Adventure Park, the legend lives on.
- The Bakery Tour Hosted by Boudin Bakery
Entertainment: Pacific Wharf offers guests a variety of ways to immerse their senses, with delicious tastes, tantalizing smells and live music. The Mariachi Divas, the GRAMMY-winning female ensemble, perform at Pacific Wharf.
Dining: At the Pacific Wharf Cafe, guests travel to the Bay Area via their taste buds with thick and hearty soups served in Boudin sourdough bowls, sandwiches made with fresh breads and tossed salads inspired by the northern regions of the Golden State. At the Golden Vine Winery, guests find four distinct dining experiences. Wine Country Trattoria offers classic Italian dishes and a rustic atmosphere, perfect for relaxing and enjoying a glass of wine. At the Alfresco Tasting Terrace, guests savor the delectable flavors of classic Mediterranean food items and wines from the “Disney Family of Wines” and enjoy the great views of Radiator Springs, which comes alive after dark in Cars Land. At Mendocino Terrace, guests sample a wide variety of wines, and at Sonoma Terrace, guests discover a diverse selection of beer from California craft breweries.
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop
- Alfresco Tasting Terrace
- Mendocino Terrace
- Sonoma Terrace
- Wine Country Trattoria
- Lucky Fortune Cookery
- Pacific Wharf Cafe
- Rita’s Baja Blenders
Imaginative design: As the story goes, the Pacific Wharf was once a thriving industrial cannery district supporting the local fishing industry. The businesses fell on hard times and eventually closed their doors. Many years later, an entrepreneur decided the area was ideal for restaurants. During the renovations, each new business owner preserved the unique charm and character of the Pacific Wharf. Relics from the old neighborhood, such as the tanning vat, delivery trucks, loading docks, water towers and some old crates, were cleaned and left in place as visible icons of a bygone era.
Did you know?
- Boudin Bakery is the source of all sourdough bread served at The Disneyland Resort.
- The Sonoma Terrace serves California craft beer.
- The Karl Strauss Handcrafted Beer truck sells fresh pretzels along with its signature ale.
- Wine Country Trattoria offers a prix fixe meal that includes “World of Color” viewing passes.
- The Wine Country theming has deep California roots. The first vineyards were planted in 1778 at the Spanish missions.
Cast member tips:
- Request to have your fresh sourdough loaf sliced for free at Pacific Wharf Cafe.
- During peak periods, look for the express “Soup in a Bread Bowl” queue at Pacific Wharf Cafe.
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop offers each guest a free sample square of chocolate.
- Rita’s Baja Blenders offers alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- The Alfresco Tasting Terrace, upstairs at Wine Country Trattoria, has an open-air veranda and is a great spot to watch the parade.
# # #