Walt Disney on Hollywood: “Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood.”
Overview: Hollywood Land is where the Golden Age of Hollywood and the magic of Disney movies are celebrated with attractions, shows and entertainment that conjure the romance, glamour and sentimentality of the silver screen. As guests stroll along Hollywood Boulevard, they visit a backlot at Hollywood Studios. Along the way, guests may see live shows with Disney characters and learn how animation works.
What’s new: Guests become the protagonists of a rockin’ new adventure in Disney California Adventure Park as they help rescue a cosmic gang of misfits in Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! This thrilling attraction is fueled with high-energy, hilarious action that will be fun for Super Hero fans and those who are discovering this story for the first time. The Guardians of the Galaxy characters will also be appearing in Disney California Adventure with other Super Heroes for new exploits and Heroic Encounters.
Don’t miss: “Frozen – Live at the Hyperion,” immerses audiences in the beloved world of “Frozen,” taking them on the heartwarming journey of Anna and Elsa, and delighting them with the dramatic effects of live theater. The show features elaborate costumes and sets, stunning special effects, and show-stopping production numbers. New technologies showcase the storytelling in creative and unexpected ways as the scenic design and large moving set pieces create a cinema-style energy. State-of-the-art projections create dynamic environments for the performers and, of course, there is snow throughout the interior of the theater–on stage and over the audience.
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Heroic Encounters: Spider-Man, Captain America and additional Marvel favorites including Thor and Loki as well as Black Panther, for a limited time.
- Meet Anna and Elsa
- Monsters Inc., Mike & Sulley to the Rescue
- The Red Car Trolley
- Disney Animation
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Sorcerer’s Workshop
- Character Close-Up
- Animation Academy
Entertainment: True to its theme, Hollywood Land offers exciting entertainment for guests of all ages. Star-Lord and Gamora power up a rousing dance off, backed by rock and roll classics from Peter Quill’s beloved boom box during the Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! At the Hyperion Theater, guests enjoy a whole new world with the live stage show, “Frozen – Live at the Hyperion.” At “Disney Junior Dance Party!” younger guests can sing, dance and catch bubbles with their favorite Disney Junior Characters!
Dining: Hollywood Land offers fun, quick-service food locations. Award Wieners has an all-star ensemble of gourmet hot dogs and sausages. Buzzworthy bites include the Uptown Chili Dog and the BBQ Crunch Dog. A vegetarian option, Filmstrip Fries, kid’s meals and drinks are also available. For a refreshing treat, guests enjoy smoothies made from yogurt and blended fruit at Schmoozies.
Did you know?
- A great spot to cool off on a warm day is the Disney Animation building. Guests can enjoy the air conditioning along with films and fun interactive exhibits at the Sorcerer’s Workshop with lessons about the voices, appearances and personalities of Disney characters.
- At the air-conditioned Hyperion Theater, “Frozen – Live at the Hyperion” plays several times a day.
- One of the unique gift shops on Hollywood Boulevard, Off the Page, offers Disney collectables such as animation cells, figurines and art books, plus a catalogue of Disney art that can be easily ordered.
- The new Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! ride system has more high-speed ride time than ever before, and the thrill factor gets going as soon as the gantry lift doors close and the music stars blaring. Each song is accompanied by a different up-and-down ride profile and story scenes, making every visit to the attraction unpredictable.
- Before leaving the Lobby and entering The Collector’s Office, guests hold up their hands to be “bio-scanned” for security clearance. In the Office, even more of The Collector’s relics are on display and, as in the Lobby, the collection contains some hidden references that will delight dedicated Super Hero fans and Disney fans.
Cast member tips:
- Arrive to Disney California Adventure near park opening if you are planning on picking up a Disney FastPass for Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!.
- Learn how to draw a Disney character at the Animation Academy. A schedule is posted daily with a list of characters to sketch, including seasonal surprises.
- Preschoolers may enjoy “Disney Junior Dance Party!” where they sing along with popular Disney Junior characters such a Sofia the First and Doc McStuffins.
# # #