Show Extended With Spectacular Fire-Breathing Dragon
- The new dragon is a fully animated three-dimensional design that replicates the movements of the dragon in “Sleeping Beauty.”
- Maleficent, a classic Disney villain, transforms into a dragon during “Fantasmic!” – just as she does in the famous Walt Disney Pictures film.
- The “Fantasmic!” dragon is 32 feet wide and weighs approximately 18,000 pounds.
- When she stretches to full height, the dragon stands 45 feet tall.
- When she “lurks” beneath the “Fantasmic!” stage prior to appearing, the dragon contracts to 22 feet tall.
- During the spectacular finale, she rises to stage level in 35 seconds on a custom-built elevator.
- Tri-color LED lighting fixtures put the gleam in the dragon’s eyes.
- In her spectacular appearance, Maleficent breathes a plume of fire 35 feet long, lighting the Rivers of America on fire for 25 seconds during the show.
- During the show, the dragon is controlled and monitored by four computer systems.
- The dynamic and menacing animation of the dragon is achieved via 18 axes of motion which enable a wide rangeof movement in her eyes, ears, mouth, tongue, neck, wings and body.
or go to www.disneylandnews.com.]