Greetings from The Disneyland Resort: The Public Relations courtesy ticket policy is designed for business purposes to give working journalists an opportunity to experience and cover the Disneyland Resort. All decisions regarding courtesy tickets are at the discretion of Disneyland Resort Public Relations. The following information serves as a guideline to help media determine if they may be eligible for consideration.
- Qualifying media may request two (2) Park Hopper tickets, good for one day at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Parks, once every 12 months. You may not split park visits over a two-day period.
- Due to the popularity of the Disneyland Resort during the holidays, we will not be able to provide these complimentary tickets between December 24, 2014 and January 2, 2015.
- All requests should be made via www.disneylandnews.com, and be received at least 1 week prior to the media visit. To submit a request, click on the “Contact Us” tab at the top of the Home Page. When the new page opens, click the “Request Theme Park Admission” link on the bottom of the page. This opens an e-mail. Fill in the requested information and type your request in the “Message” section. Please follow this procedure to ensure your request will be reviewed by your individual publicist.
- Due to volume and our support for conservation efforts, faxes are no longer accepted for ticket requests.
- Employment will be verified on all requests to ensure full-time status in a news/editorial capacity or assigned free-lance work. Once verification is complete, an email confirmation will be sent from Disneyland Resort Public Relations.
- At the discretion of Disneyland Resort Public Relations, limited complimentary media passes may be provided to full-time editorial and news-gathering professionals who cover entertainment, business, travel, consumer and amusement news, and to approved online media associated with a news organization or established social media entity. All media affiliations must be verifiable as to editorial content and/or masthead. Qualifying positions include the following in these news-related categories:
Broadcast Media: News Producers, News Photographers and News Editors, News Directors, News/Sports/Weather Anchors and Reporters, Assignment/Planning Editors, News Writers, Editorial Web Producers
Print Media: Editors*, News Reporters, News Photographers, Publishers, Managing/Assignment Editors, Freelance writers with assignments.
Social Media and Online Media: Bloggers, Freelance Writers with assignments and Editors affiliated with established news organizations, or approved online media affiliated with an established social media entity that features travel, lifestyle, entertainment or consumer news.
*Editors in travel, lifestyle, entertainment, business, consumer or related fields.
- In general, the only “director” position that qualifies for tickets is the News Director over a newsroom, not technical directors, floor directors, newscast directors, studio directors, producers/directors, etc.
- Additional positions that do not qualify for Disneyland Public Relations courtesy tickets include sales, graphic artists, promotions staff, technical, public relations, clerical, engineering, management, production, staff assistants, video editors, station managers, general managers and disc jockeys, and programming or reality TV producers and staff.
- We cannot offer complimentary media tickets to freelancers without assignments. Freelancers are required to ask their assigning editors to make the request on their behalf, with information about their assignment and estimated date for broadcast/publication.
- Media picking up complimentary tickets at Disneyland Resort Guest Relations must be able to show a Photo Press ID or a government-issued Photo ID (Driver’s License, for example) plus a Business Card which clearly indicates their position and media affiliation. Tickets cannot be issued without proper credentials.
- Requests for tickets from multiple staffers at a single media entity, all on the same date, will not be granted.
- Tickets are issued to and can only be picked up by the person approved to receive them.
- Disneyland Public Relations office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (PT) Monday through Friday.
As always, we thank you for your interest in the Disneyland Resort and appreciate your coverage.