ANAHEIM, Calif. (April 11, 2018) – The first-ever Pixar Fest offers fun and delicious eats and treats with a Pixar theme, as the celebration of friendship and beyond comes to the Disneyland Resort for a limited time, April 13-Sept. 3, 2018. During Pixar Fest, guests will discover creatively themed food and beverage offerings around every corner, inspired by the Pixar stories and characters that guests have come to know and love.
The Pixar Fest Celebration Cake is expected to be a guest favorite. Drawing inspiration from the famous yellow Pixar Ball, this eye-catching treat features layers of yellow vanilla cake, blue raspberry cake and red velvet cake with raspberry purée and vanilla frosting, topped with a chocolate Pixar Ball. The Pixar Fest Celebration Cake is available for guests at Plaza Inn at Disneyland Park and Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta at Disney California Adventure Park.
Also for Pixar Fest, the popular Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port transforms into Alien Pizza Planet, inspired by the loveable green Space Aliens from the family restaurant frequented by Andy (and his toys) in “Toy Story.” The Space Aliens are invading this popular dining spot to deliver fresh, hot pizzas and other items that are out of this world, including the new cheeseburger pizza.
All around the resort, guests will find special menu items inspired by the beloved characters and stories in Pixar films, ideal for sharing with a friend. Some of the creative Pixar Fest food and beverage items are listed below, and more details can be found at Disneyland.com.
“Up” on Main Street U.S.A.
- The fried bologna sandwich at Carnation Café
- The pork chop dinner, reminiscent of Carl’s TV dinners, with a spiced apple pork chop, cornbread, peas and carrots, and a chocolate cake dessert at Carnation Café
- Specialty Éclair at Jolly Holiday Bakery Café
- Frozen “Grape Soda” slush at Cappo Cart
“Coco” in Frontierland
- “Coco”-inspired menu items at Rancho Del Zocalo include a Mexican chocolate pot de crème, topped with a Miguel chocolate
- Coco Churro with rich chocolate powder, vanilla bean and salted cinnamon sugar is served with a spiced, Mexican chocolate dipping sauce
“Toy Story” in Frontierland
- Root beer float served in a souvenir Woody boot at Golden Horseshoe Saloon (guests will want to check the bottom of the boot for a “Toy Story” memory)
- Berry funnel cake, topped with blueberries, strawberries, cookie-and-cream crumbles, crème anglaise, white chocolate and gold-dusted whipped cream at Stage Door Café
- Cinnamon pretzel at Frontierland Pretzel Cart
“Toy Story” in Tomorrowland
- Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port transforms into Alien Pizza Planet, featuring new Alien-inspired items, including a hearty cheeseburger pizza topped with cheese, caramelized onions, diced tomatoes, slider patties, a house-made burger sauce, and pickles.
“Ratatouille” in New Orleans Square
- A three-course dinner inspired by the little chef, Remy, served at Café Orleans. The dinner features a charcuterie plate starter, Ratatouille a Confit Byaldi Shrimp dish entrée and berry and cheese beignets served a la mode.
Disney California Adventure
- Chilled noodle salad features color-changing noodles with mint, Thai basil, shredded daikon and tofu at Lucky Fortune Cookery (special sauce activates the new color)
- Mike Wazowski-shaped sourdough bread at Pacific Wharf Café
- Mint chip smoothie and whoopie pie at Schmoozies
- “Coco”-inspired menu at Paradise Garden Grill, in the Pixar Pals area, with mole verde con pollo, tacos de estilo callejero, a Jamaica slush and “Coco” tres leches parfait
- Also featured at Paradise Garden Grill is a Mexican cinnamon-spiced hot chocolate served in a souvenir “Coco” jarrita
- Starting May 16, a new menu at Flo’s V8 Café for Pixar Fest will feature items such as a classic cheeseburger, turkey club sandwich, cobb salad, fried chicken plate and more.
- Habanero meatball cone at Cozy Cone Motel
Guests may look forward to even more Pixar-inspired food and beverage items, at both parks and the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort, just in time for the opening of Pixar Pier, June 23, 2018.
About the Disneyland Resort
The Disneyland Resort features two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and Disney California Adventure Park – plus three hotels and the Downtown Disney District, comprising unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort’s hotels are the luxurious, 948-room Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, which also features 50 two-bedroom equivalent Disney Vacation Club units; the magical, 973-room Disneyland Hotel – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the 481-room Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with its “day-at-the-beach” theme. For information on attractions and vacations at the Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com, call (866) 43-DISNEY or contact local travel agents. Located in Anaheim, Calif., the Disneyland Resort opened July 17, 1955. Open daily, year-round.
About Pixar Animation Studios
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” “Inside Out,” and “Coco.” Its movies have won 32 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $11 billion at the worldwide box office to date. “Incredibles 2,” Pixar’s 20th feature, opens in theaters June 15, 2018.