ANAHEIM, Calif. – Guests visiting the Disneyland Resort will enjoy special moments and create unforgettable memories with their friends and family, including their experiences at the first-ever Pixar Fest celebration and the newly reimagined land, Pixar Pier. Beloved nighttime spectaculars, immersive attractions and entertainment offer countless ways for guests to make the most of their vacations at the Happiest Place on Earth. There are plenty of tips for guests as they plan to stay and play at Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure Park, the three on-site hotels and Downtown Disney.
- Official Disneyland App – The official Disneyland App offers useful information right at a guest’s fingertips, including attraction wait times, FastPass return times, maps, entertainment guides and other special features. Guests may also use the app to purchase tickets with their mobile device, look for character appearances in the park, find park hours and even order food and beverage at select fast casual and quick service restaurant locations. Details about the Disneyland app are available here.
- Disneyland Resort on Google Street View: Guests can now explore the Disneyland Resort like never before – right from a phone or computer – on Google Street View. Disney Parks have launched a series of 360-degree panoramas at Disneyland park, Disney California Adventure park and the Downtown Disney District to help guests plan their next vacation.
- Disney Vacation Planning DVD – Guests are invited to preview the magical experiences that await their next Disneyland Resort Vacation with a library of informative videos. To order a Disney Vacation Planning DVD, go to www.DisneyPlanning.com.
- Disneyland Express – Just 30 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and just 15 miles from John Wayne Airport (SNA), Disneyland Resort offers the Disneyland Express for guests to book easy bus transfer to the resort. Disneyland Resort Express also provides convenient transportation to Anaheim area hotels.
- Dining Reservations – To make the most of vacation time, guests may make dining reservations in advance at the resort’s award-winning restaurants. Special dining packages offer guests a full-course meal and reserved viewing for “Fantasmic!” at Disneyland, and “World of Color” and “Paint the Night” parade at Disney California Adventure. “For reservations, guests may call 714-781-DINE or email a date, time and contact information to dine@Disneyland.com. Guests may also book a table online at Disneyland.com.
- Social Media – Keep up with the latest updates about the Disneyland Resort at DisneyParksBlog.com, where guests may also get behind-the-scenes looks at the parks, resort hotels and Downtown Disney. For planning tips and fun facts, follow @Disneyland on Twitter. Guests may also engage with Disneyland on Facebook and Instagram.
- In-Park Social Media – While at the resort, guests may follow @DisneylandToday on Twitter for information about Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Downtown Disney and the resort hotels with live updates and answers.
- Stay in the Magic – Guests discover many special benefits when they stay at one of three Disneyland Resort hotels: the classic Disneyland Hotel and luxurious newly reimagined Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the sunny California beachfront-themed Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
- Extra Magic Hour – Early Admission to the Parks – Guests staying at any Disneyland Resort hotel may enjoy Extra Magic Hour entry into Disneyland or Disney California Adventure one hour before the parks open to the public. This opportunity is good for the length of a guest’s stay, with designated days for each park. To check availability, daily times and additional information, visit Disneyland.com and click on “Park Hours.” (Valid theme park admission and active hotel room key required.)
- Grand Hotel Experience –Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa just completed the most extensive refurbishment since the hotel’s 2001 opening. Guest rooms have been completely redesigned with a fresh sense of luxury and the pool deck has been refreshed with beautiful, new hardscapes to reinforce the Arts and Crafts style. Guests staying at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa enjoy an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure through the hotel. Nearby, guests also enjoy the Downtown Disney District, with its eclectic mix of entertainment, dining and shopping opportunities. The new, elevated experience continues to impress guests and the hotel was named one of the Top Hotels in Southern California in the 30th annual Condé Nast Traveler’s 2017 Readers’ Choice Awards.
- Storybook Vacation – At Disneyland Resort hotels, guests have the opportunity to share a meal and laughs with favorite Disney characters, relax by sparkling pools and enjoy a night on the town complete with dinner at one of several award-winning restaurants.
- Convenience and Legendary Service – Guests who stay at Disneyland Resort Hotels are treated to exclusive conveniences throughout their stay, including a Key to the Magic card for charging meals and merchandise to the guest room. The Package Express service delivers resort merchandise purchases right to a guest’s hotel. Hotel guests are treated to the legendary Disney guest service throughout their vacation.
- Multi-generational travel and large parties – Many families enjoy traveling to the Disneyland Resort with family members of multiple generations, or with family reunions. The Hotels of the Disneyland Resort welcome multi-generational travelers and large parties, offering multiple suites at each hotel that sleep parties of six or eight. Some of the suites connect to adjacent suites to accommodate the larger parties.
- Great Value – Guests can find great value in multiple-day tickets and vacation packages at the Resort hotels, or at nearby Good Neighbor hotels, by purchasing online. The latest special offers are available at Disneyland.com/offers.
- Disney FastPass Service – FastPass allows guests to maximize their time in the park by reserving a specific time window to enjoy their favorite attractions. When guests return during that time, they enjoy a shorter line reserved for FASTPASS holders. Guests are encouraged to pick up FastPass tickets early for favorite attractions such as Radiator Springs Racers.
- Disney MaxPass – Guests will maximize their day with the ability to reserve digital Disney FASTPASS selections right from your mobile device using the Disneyland app while in the parks. Plus, it offers the opportunity to download, save and share Disney PhotoPass photos captured during an entire day. Both services are included for the introductory price of only $10 per ticket and can be purchased through the app.
- Disney PhotoPass Service – PhotoPass Photographers at character, dining and special locations throughout the park ensure that everyone gets in the photo. Guests may link, view and purchase photos at Disneyland.com or directly from the Disneyland app.
- “A Walk in Walt’s Footsteps” Tour – Guests may follow in the footsteps of the man whose vision and creativity brought Disneyland park to life, Walt Disney. This 3 ½-hour guided tour covers the life of Walt Disney and stories behind the magic of Disneyland. To book this, or other tours offered by Disneyland Resort, call (714) 781-TOUR (8687).
- Charging Lockers – Guests re-charge their batteries and get back to the fun in no time when using special lockers on Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland Park and Buena Vista Street in Disney California Adventure Park that include options for traditional AC outlet or specialized chargers for electronic devices.
- Parent “Rider Switch” – A theme-park “rider switch” policy gives both parents a chance to enjoy their favorite attractions without double the wait. A parent who waits with a young child while the other parent rides the attraction may board the ride with minimal wait time once the first parent exits. Guests may ask a cast member about this option.
- Enjoy the Shows and Entertainment – Oftentimes, children enjoy live entertainment and stage shows for the first time at the Disneyland Resort. Families may choose from multiple shows in the daily Show Entertainment Guide (available at the main entrance gate and at Guest Relations centers). These include parades, character encounters and shows such as “Disney Junior Dance Party!” (Disney California Adventure) and “Mickey and the Magical Map” (Disneyland). Fans of Disney’s global film phenomenon, “Frozen”, will find the dazzling theatrical interpretation “Frozen – Live at the Hyperion Theater” at Disney California Adventure Park. Guests also may encounter performers and singers as they stroll through the parks, including the Dapper Dans at Disneyland, and Five and Dime at Disney California Adventure.
- Be Amazed by Spectacular Fireworks – Fireworks illuminate the sky above Sleeping Beauty Castle choreographed to timeless music and with surprise appearances by some classic Disney characters. Viewing locations are throughout Disneyland and top spots include: in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, along Main Street, U.S.A., in front of “it’s a small world” in Fantasyland and along the Rivers of America in Frontierland.
- Character Dining – Character dining is a great way to introduce youngsters to Disney characters. At select locations, a cast of characters will visit guests at their tables. For reservations, call 714-781-DINE. Another tip: Many Disney restaurants offer children’s menus.
- Healthful Dining Options – While special treats are part of the Disney fun, families can also choose nutritious snacks such as nuts, trail mix and fresh fruit from outdoor carts. Kids meals come with fruit or vegetables on the side, along with juice, water or low-fat milk. Fries and soda are available upon request, at no additional cost. Look for the Mickey Check symbol on menus, indicating the best nutritional choices for children. Additionally, for lifestyle dining options, or for requests from guests with food allergies or intolerances, there are a wide range of choices, from kosher to gluten-friendly and sugar-free.