ANAHEIM, Calif. (March 13, 2017) – Nearly 400 million guests have embarked on this swashbuckling adventure at Disneyland Park. It has inspired a highly popular film franchise, and the lyrics to its theme song–“Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life for Me)”– are recognized around the world. It’s Pirates of the Caribbean, of course, an attraction that celebrates its 50th anniversary on March 18, 2017.
To celebrate this special occasion, guests are invited to enjoy pirate-themed entertainment, merchandise exclusives and special food and beverage offerings beginning March 16. Disneyland is sure to be filled with pirate-talking mates for this limited-time, rollicking fun.
- Beginning Thursday, March 16: Guests may feast upon special, pirate-themed food at French Market Restaurant, Mint Julep Bar, Harbour Galley, Royal Street Veranda, Cafe Orleans and Blue Bayou Restaurant. Blue Bayou also celebrates its 50th anniversary on March 18. Food items vary by location and will include:
- Buccaneer Pulled Pork Sandwich: Jerk-spiced Pork, Sweet and Tangy Barbecue
- Sauce, Pineapple Caribbean-style Slaw and Fried Yucca
- Lost Treasure Beignets: Lemon-flavored Beignets with gold shimmer dust
- Jolly Roger Punch: Spiced Tropical Juices with hints of Pineapple, Orange and Mango
- Calypso’s Caribbean Chicken Stew: Caribbean-seasoned Chicken stewed with Onions, Carrots, Celery, Tomatoes, Potatoes and Yucca
- Golden Churro: Gold-dusted Churro
- On Friday, March 17: Pirate-themed entertainment comes alive throughout New Orleans Square, including performances by the Bootstrappers and Lucky the Pirate.
- Saturday, March 18: Even more entertainment will be added on the attraction’s official anniversary, including appearances by the legendary pirate himself, Captain Jack Sparrow. Guests may purchase limited-edition, anniversary merchandise in New Orleans Square, while supplies last. Pirate Speak! collectible cards will be available for guests who wish to talk like a pirate.
Guests may discover additional special surprises on March 18.
The original Pirates of the Caribbean attraction set the bar for future theme park attractions with masterful storytelling and technology that introduced approximately 120 Audio-Animatronics characters. The popular attraction has inspired five films and the fifth, “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales,” is set to open in theaters May 26, 2017.
For 50 years of memories and fun facts about Pirates of the Caribbean, please view our historical fact sheet at DisneylandNews.com (Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland Park) .
About the Disneyland Resort
The Disneyland Resort features two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and Disney California Adventure Park – plus three hotels and the Downtown Disney District, comprising unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort’s hotels are the luxurious, 948-room Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, which also features 50 two-bedroom equivalent Disney Vacation Club units; the magical, 973-room Disneyland Hotel – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the 481-room Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with its “day-at-the-beach” theme. For information on attractions and vacations at the Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com, call (866) 43-DISNEY or contact local travel agents. Located in Anaheim, Calif., the Disneyland Resort opened July 17, 1955. Open daily, year-round.