Colorful and Energetic Shopping District Provides the Gateway to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Parks
With live entertainment, lush landscaping and innovative architecture, Downtown Disney District is the ideal location for a shopping spree, a dining excursion or simply a stroll through a unique Disney environment. Downtown Disney, a public esplanade leading to the entrances of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Parks, offers a lively, colorful array of innovative restaurants, interesting shops and dynamic entertainment venues. There’s no better time to explore Downtown Disney than during the 60th Anniversary Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration.
The 300,000-plus square-foot Downtown Disney District (no admission fee required) includes such distinctive locales as Starbucks, ESPN Zone, House of Blues, La Brea Bakery™ Café, The LEGO Store, Rainforest Café, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, Build-A-Bear Workshop, AMC Theatres, and, of course, World of Disney Store. Other dining highlights include the Mediterranean-inspired Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar; Tortilla Jo’s, offering tempting Mexican specialties and music; the festive Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria, featuring the famed cuisine of southern Italy; and Napolini, a gourmet Italian deli.
Downtown Disney features over 50 shops, restaurants, boutiques and snack locations, plus a travel center with offices of the Walt Disney Travel Company and Alamo Rent-A-Car.
With a diverse menu of unique retail, dining and entertainment options, Downtown Disney offers something for everyone. AMC Theatres is a nationwide operator of popular multiplex cinemas and entertainment centers. Its Downtown Disney locale features a 12-screen, Art Deco inspired megaplex theater, including an IMAX screen and featuring stadium-style seating and the finest in moviegoer amenities.
The House of Blues offers a unique twist on its blues-jazz based restaurant and club, featuring Delta-inspired cuisine and a variety of music. Rainforest Café, “A Wild Place to Shop and Eat” offers distinctive food, entertainment and unique shopping in a tropical rain forest setting featuring a combination of live and animated wildlife and other special effects.
Combining a peppered mix of traditional New Orleans cuisine and live jazz, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen at Downtown Disney is presented by The Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group, a tradition in the New Orleans’ fine-dining restaurant scene. With its French Quarter inspired architecture, the restaurant is an authentic slice of the “big easy” in the middle of Southern California.
World-renowned chef Joachim Splichal, known through Southern California for his European-influenced fine cuisine served in the Patina and Pinot restaurants, presents Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar at Downtown Disney. The two-story restaurant serves artfully presented dishes inspired by fresh ingredients of California with a Mediterranean influence.
Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria brings an authentic taste of Southern Italy to Downtown Disney. The restaurant features an open kitchen in which diners can observe the preparation of a variety of Italian dishes, including pizza baked in wood-burning ovens. Nearby is Napolini, a gourmet Italian deli offering fresh salads, pastas, pizza and sandwiches.
Tortilla Jo’s showcases traditional Mexican dishes in a bright and welcoming space. The signature tableside guacamole, handmade tortillas, fresh seafood dishes and eclectic list of margaritas and tequilas can be enjoyed in the multi-story restaurant or outdoor cantina. Live strolling mariachis play folk ballads every Saturday night and select holidays.
La Brea Bakery Café, known throughout Los Angeles since 1989 for its unique breads and pastries, brings its full service and quick service bakery cafe to Downtown Disney. It is perfectly situated at the entrance to both parks which makes it perfect for picking up a quick bite to eat or sitting on the patio for a causal dining experience. The café serves brunch daily until 3 p.m. featuring a menu of classic breakfast fare, soups, salads, sandwiches and artisan pizza’s. After 3 p.m. they offer a dinner menu with a selection of salads, entrees, pastas, pizzas and seafood. Hand crafted cocktails, beers and wines are available.
ESPN Zone at Downtown Disney is the ultimate sports dining and entertainment destination. The Zone is composed of three distinct areas: the Studio Grill, serving great American grill food in an authentic ESPN studio setting; the Screening Room, the ultimate sports-viewing and dining environment for any fan; and the Sports Arena, which challenges fans with the latest in interactive and competitive attractions.
A colorful, distinct and diverse collection of shops adds to the late night and daytime fun of Downtown Disney. At 40,000 square-feet, World of Disney™ at Downtown Disney is one of the biggest Disney shopping experiences on earth, second only to its sister store at the Walt Disney Worldâ Resort in Florida. It offers an incredible selection of Disney toys, souvenirs, accessories and collectibles in a variety of colorful and imaginatively decorated themed shopping areas.
Other Downtown Disney venues include favorite snacking stops as well as boutiques for jewelry, fashion, sunglasses, fragrances, art, gifts, food items and souvenirs:
- Anna & Elsa’s Boutique – The boutique offers girls and boys ages 3 to 15 the unique chance to transform into characters inspired by the Disney animated hit film “Frozen.” An array of “Frozen”-inspired merchandise, including apparel, toys, dolls and more, is also available.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop™ – Choose from all kinds of furry friends, add lots of stuffing and make a wish on a heart. Personalize your furry friend by adding scents, sounds, outfits and accessories. Let your imagination soar and create your own story. It’s the most fun you’ll ever make.
- D Street – A fusion of urban style with a Disney twist, D Street is the place to find modern and cutting-edge apparel, Star Wars and Marvel product and other pop culture novelties. D Street is also considered the flagship location for Vinylmation figures and collectibles.
- Disney Vault 28 – This couture boutique is where you’ll find some of today’s hottest trends and the latest styles in handbags, jewelry and accessories.
- Earl of Sandwich – Signature hot sandwiches are served for breakfast, lunch and dinner at this restaurant, founded by a direct descendent of John Montague, the earl who invented the sandwich in 1792. Soups, salads, wraps, pastries and desserts are also on the menu.
- Fossil – Get a polished retro look from a variety of wallets, purses and classic Fossil watches.
- Häagen-Dazs – Indulge in irresistible creations made with super premium ice cream, sorbet and frozen yogurt. The store also proudly brews Peet’s Coffee and Tea.
- Jamba Juice – Celebrate the flavors of life with a variety of healthy and refreshing smoothies and juices.
- The LEGO Store – This store offers a huge variety of the latest Lego imagination products that enable children to create and build.
- LittleMissMatched – “Think outside the socks!” Here creativity and color rein as girls mix-and-match a variety of unique sock options, as well as totes, pajamas, hair accessories and t-shirts. Solving the mystery of the lost sock, all socks come in threes!
- Marceline’s Confectionery – Named for Marceline, Missouri, where Walt Disney grew up, this nostalgic sweet shop delivers “a spoonful of sugar” in a big way with hand-crafted signature items created by a talented team of Disney candy makers. Guest favorites include caramel apples, crispy treats, seasonal chocolate-covered strawberries and more.
- Pearl Factory – Create your own authentic pearl jewelry at the Pearl Factory, Hawaii’s Original Pearl-in-the-Oyster. This unique kiosk features more than 135 jewelry mountings for your one-of-a-kind treasure.
- Quiksilver – Prepare to hang ten, hit the half-pipe, surf the sidewalk or just beach bum around at this board sports superstore. Get covered in all the gear you’ll need from the mountains to the beach at this store that celebrates the sunny spirit of Southern California.
- RIDEMAKERZ – Design your custom ride. Choose from hundreds of options to style your ride from body types, wheels, sound effects, colors and accessories.
- Sanuk – Best known for its Sidewalk Surfers, with patented sandal construction that allows feet to move in natural comfort, Sanuk offers a variety of stylish and innovative footwear for the outdoor community.
- Sephora – This specialty store, originated in France, offers countless fragrances and cosmetics, with demonstrations on how to apply them.
- Something Silver – – The place to find up-to the-minute fashionable jewelry and accessories alongside a collection of timeless, everyday basics; all at an exceptional value. With over 50 top national and international designer collections there is literally something for everyone here.
- Starbucks – The unique location brings one of Starbucks’ most engaging experiences to guests with technology designed specifically for this store. In addition to its regular beverage and food selection, the store offers some of the rarest coffees available.
- Sunglass Icon – Allow certified sun fashion consultants to select the perfect style for you. Choose from a variety of designers including Prada, Ray Ban, Gucci, Oakley and more.
- Wetzel’s Pretzels – This state-of-the-art pretzel house offers a world-class selection of the hand-rolled treats, dips and beverages.
- WonderGround Gallery – Distinct and eclectic, this uncommon art gallery provides the ultimate creative space for a new generation of artists. The gallery features original and limited edition artwork, and artist appearances throughout the year.
The Downtown Disney District parking lot is conveniently located next to the action and offers free parking for up to two hours — or up to four hours of free parking with validation from participating locations.
# # #