How to Plan, Stay and Play at the Disneyland Resort
ANAHEIM, Calif. – With the 2015 celebration of the Diamond Celebration of the Disneyland Resort, there’s no better time for guests to enjoy special moments with their friends and families at the Disneyland Resort, making the most of their vacation and making memories that last a lifetime. There are plenty of tips for guests as they plan to stay and play at Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park, the three on-site hotels and Downtown Disney.
- Disney Vacation Planning DVD – Guests are invited to preview the magical experiences that await their next Disneyland Resort Vacation with a library of informative videos. To order a Disney Vacation Planning DVD, go to Disneyland.com.
- Disney Account – Guests may create a personalized Disney account to access unique Disneyland Resort content, including vacation planning and reservation tools. Registered guests may also receive the latest resort news and Disney Insider Newsletter. To sign up, go to Disneyland.com and click on “Create Account” on the top right.
- Disneyland Express – Just 30 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and just 15 miles from John Wayne Airport (SNA), Disneyland Resort offers the Disneyland Express for easy bus transfer to the resort. Disneyland Resort Express also provides convenient transportation to Anaheim area hotels.
- Dining Reservations – To make the most of vacation time, guests can make dining reservations in advance at the resort’s award-winning restaurants. Guests have several options: call 714-781-DINE, send an email with date, time and contact information to dine@Disneyland.com, or use the Check Availability tool on Disneyland.com.
- Social Media – Keep up with the latest official information about the Disneyland Resort at DisneyParksBlog.com, where guests may also get behind-the-scenes looks at the parks, resort hotels and Downtown Disney. For planning tips and fun facts, follow @Disneyland on Twitter. The official Facebook Page of the Disneyland Resort includes park updates, news and special backstage info at Facebook.com/Disneyland.
- In-Park Social Media – When you’re at the resort, follow @DisneylandToday on Twitter for in-park information about Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Downtown Disney and the resort hotels with live updates and answers.
- Stay in the Magic – Guests discover many benefits when they stay at a Disneyland Resort hotel. Legendary Disney guest service is available at the classic Disneyland Hotel and luxurious Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the sunny California beachfront-themed Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
- Extra Magic Hour – Early Admission to the Parks – Guests staying at any Disneyland Resort hotel may enjoy Extra Magic Hour entry into Disneyland or Disney California Adventure one hour before the parks open to the public. This opportunity is good for the length of a guest’s stay, with designated days for each park. To check availability, daily times and additional information, visit Disneyland.com and click on “Park Hours.” (Valid theme park admission and active hotel room key required.)
- Grand Location – Guest who stay at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa enjoy an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure through the hotel. Nearby, guests also enjoy the Downtown Disney District, with its eclectic mix of entertainment, dining and shopping opportunities.
- Storybook Vacation – At Disneyland Resort hotels, guests have the opportunity to share a meal and laughs with favorite Disney characters, relax by sparkling pools and enjoy a night on the town complete with dinner at one of several award-winning restaurants.
- Convenience and Legendary Service – Guests who stay at Disneyland Resort Hotels are treated to exclusive conveniences throughout their stay, including a Keys to the Magic card for charging meals and merchandise to the guest room. The Package Express service delivers resort merchandise purchases right to a guest’s hotel. Hotel guests are treated to the legendary Disney guest service throughout their vacation.
- Great Value – Guests can find great value in multiple-day tickets and vacation packages at the Resort hotels, or at nearby Good Neighbor hotels, by purchasing online.
- Disney FASTPASS Service – FASTPASS allows guests to maximize their time in the park by reserving a specific time window to enjoy their favorite attractions. When guests return during that time, they enjoy a shorter line reserved for FASTPASS holders.
- “A Walk in Walt’s Footsteps” Tour – Guests may follow in the footsteps of the man whose vision and creativity brought Disneyland park to life, Walt Disney. This 3 ½-hour guided tour covers the life of Walt Disney and stories behind the magic of Disneyland. To book this, or other tours offered by Disneyland Resort, call (714) 781-TOUR (8687).
- Charging Lockers – Guests re-charge their batteries and get back to the fun in no time when using special lockers on Buena Vista Street in Disney California Adventure Park that include options for traditional AC outlet or specialized chargers for electronic devices.
- Parent “Rider Switch” – A theme-park “rider switch” policy gives both parents a chance to enjoy their favorite attractions without double the wait. A parent who waits with a young child while the other parent rides the attraction may board the ride with minimal wait time once the first parent exits. Guests may ask a cast member about this option.