- Celebrating the diverse tastes of California, from its coast to its farms, ranches and vineyards, Napa Rose showcases the California wine country cuisine of Executive Chef Andrew Sutton. The menu, which changes seasonally, reflects the restaurant’s commitment to sourcing the finest, freshest ingredients. The California wine culture is apparent through an extensive California-dominated wine list and cuisine created to complement wine.
- 1600 S. Disneyland Drive
Anaheim, California 92803
- (714) 300-7170
- Inside Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at the Disneyland Resort.
- The crescent-shaped restaurant surrounds a bustling centerpiece exhibition kitchen and is decorated in the style of the Art and Crafts movement (in harmony with the overall design of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa) using earth tones and handmade ceramic and hand-hammered metal.
The image of a rosebud is subtly depicted in the restaurant’s carpeting, lighting fixtures, handrails, chairs and staff uniforms. The vines of Napa Valley are alluded to in an overhead mural depicting the vineyards and in the free-form wires of the chandeliers. Twenty-foot vaulted ceilings lend a majestic quality, while a romantic fire pit presents an inviting feel.
In addition to viewing the kitchen in action, diners are treated to stunning views through floor-to-ceiling windows of the High Sierras-like scene afforded by Grizzly Peak within Disney California Adventure park. The showcase wine cellar displays 600 bottles and provides an additional visual attraction, as does a wall adorned with signed, premium wines by winemakers and vineyard owners.
Diners can enjoy a refined yet relaxed evening in the main dining room, the Chef’s Counter at the exhibition kitchen, or at the Napa Rose Lounge.
- Created to be paired with wine, the food at Napa Rose resonates with the discipline of Executive Chef Andrew Sutton’s formal French training, tempered by his deft interpretations of American regional cooking. As a chef who cherishes the product rather than the process, Sutton’s food seduces the palate with flavors of the natural essence of its ingredients.
While modern technology and global rapid transportation means anyone can eat asparagus and strawberries in November, Sutton firmly believes that for optimum health and flavor, people should stick to eating produce and protein that is grown or ranched in their own hemisphere and at the time nature intended for them to sprout. Sutton offers Napa Rose diners their strawberries and asparagus (along with lamb, leeks, peas and more) in the spring or very early summer, as close to harvest time as possible.
Always cognizant of the culinary arts’ unique position as being the only art form that touches all the senses, Sutton intuitively fashions food that tantalize all five.
EXAMPLES OF CURRENT DISHES
- Pan-roasted Diver Scallops on a Sauce of Lobster and Lemon Accented with Vanilla
- Citrus-cured Skuna Bay Salmon Carpaccio
- Hockory-smoked Pheasant with Wild Mushrooms
- Wine Country “Steak Tartare” of Angus Beef Tenderloin
- Grilled Wine Country Rabbit Meatloaf
- Citrus-seared Pacific Swordfish
- Duck à l’Orange
- Slowly-braised Angus Beef Short Rib
- Grilled Lamb Porterhouse with Braised Lamb Shank
- Pan-roasted Petit Filet Mignon
- Roasted Venison Loin
- A Napa Rose hallmark, more than 50 members of the floor staff – including executive chef Andrew Sutton – have completed at least the Level I Introductory Sommelier Course and work with a frequently adjusted wine list to complement seasonal menu ingredients, and an award-winning list of 450 international wines, based upon a stock of more than 1,000 different labels and a 17,000-bottle cellar, with 80 wines available by the glass.
- During the summer, outdoor dining is available off the main and private dining rooms. The area offers breathtaking views of Grizzly Peak at Disney California Adventure park that are even more striking by the glow from the centerpiece fire pit.
A second fire pit-punctuated patio offers retreat for cigar aficionados.
- A private room with fireplace is available for two to 30 guests.
- The entire restaurant is available for functions of up to 200.
- For groups of 60 or more, Napa Rose offers its signature “Kitchen Party” – a unique format which invites guests into the kitchen to be served by the chef and creatively utilizes many of the restaurant’s decorative elements as additional service stations for wines and cold dishes.
- In 2011, Napa Rose earned one of the most prestigious honors a restaurant can receive, the AAA Four Diamond Award. In 2010, Napa Rose was presented with the highest “Golden Bacchus” Cellar Award from the Southern California Restaurant Writers Guild and a coveted 5-Star rating at the group’s annual awards presentation. In the Zagat Surveys, Napa Rose consistently is awarded the top food ranking among Orange County restaurants. In 2005 and again in 2007, the restaurant received a DiRōNA Award from the Distinguished Restaurants of North America. The Award is given to restaurants that offer outstanding food, wine, hospitality and service. The restaurant was honored as “Best Southern California Restaurant 2007″ in the Orange County Business Journal and was selected as a “Most Popular Restaurant” in the 2008 Zagat Survey.
Chef Sutton is a 2009 recipient of the prestigious Antonin Careme Medal given by the American Culinary Federation San Francisco Chapter that honors those who have made extraordinary contributions to the culinary profession, particularly to education and the advancement of gastronomy and the culinary arts.
The restaurant’s wine list also received the highest award from Wine Enthusiast Magazine the “Award of Ultimate Distinction”, Wine Spectator’s “Best of Award of Excellence” and a “Diamond Wine Award of Excellence” from the International Restaurant and Hospitality Rating Bureau. In addition, it was named ”Best New Wine List” of 2002 by Food & Wine.
Appetizers $15 to $45, for two
Second Courses $12 to $18
Main Courses $39 to $45
Menu $90 without wine
$135 with wine pairings
HOURS: Bar/Lounge Daily (5:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m.)
Dinner Daily (5:30 to 10 p.m.)
Dining Room 120
Dining Patio 40
Bar Patio 12
Please call (714) 300-7170 or (714) 781-DINE/3463
Disneyland Resort Public Relations