How to Plan, Stay and Play
ANAHEIM, Calif. - With the expansion of Disney California Adventure Park, there’s no better time for guests to enjoy special moments with their friends and families at the Disneyland Resort, making the most of their vacation and making memories that last a lifetime. There are plenty of tips for guests as they plan to stay and play at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks, the three on-site hotels and Downtown Disney.
- Disney Vacation Planning DVD – Guests are invited to preview the magical experiences that await their next Disneyland Resort Vacation with a library of informative videos. To order a Disney Vacation Planning DVD, go to www.disneyland.com.
- My Disneyland Membership – Guests may join “My Disneyland” for free to gain access to unique Disneyland Resort content, including vacation planning and reservation tools, behind the scenes videos, Disney games and polls.
- Disneyland Express – Just 30 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and just 15 miles from John Wayne Airport (SNA), Disneyland Resort offers the Disneyland Express for easy bus transfer to the resort. Disneyland Resort Express also provides convenient transportation to Anaheim area hotels.
- Dining reservations - To make the most of vacation time, guests often make dining reservations in advance at the resort’s award-winning restaurants. To make a reservation, call 714-781-DINE or send an email with date, time and contact information to email@example.com
- Stay in the Magic – Guests discover many special benefits when they stay at one of three Disneyland Resort hotels: the recently renovated Disneyland Hotel and luxurious Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the sunny California beachfront-themed Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
- Extra Magic Hour – Early Admission to the Parks – Beginning June 18, 2012, guests staying at any Disneyland Resort hotel may enjoy Extra Magic Hour entry into Disneyland or Disney California Adventure one hour before the parks open to the public. This opportunity is good for the length of a guest’s stay, with designated days for each park. To check availability, daily times and additional information, visit www.disneyland.com and click on “Park Hours.” (Valid theme park admission and active hotel room key required.)
- Grand Location - Guest who stay at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa enjoy an exclusive guest-only entrance to Disney California Adventure through the hotel. Nearby, guests also enjoy the Downtown Disney District, with its eclectic mix of entertainment, dining and shopping opportunities.
- Storybook Vacation – At Disneyland Resort hotels, guests have the opportunity to share a meal and laughs with favorite Disney characters, relax by sparkling pools and enjoy a night on the town complete with dinner at one of several award-winning restaurants.
- Convenience and Legendary Service – Guests who stay at Disneyland Resort Hotels are treated to exclusive conveniences throughout their stay, including a Keys to the Magic card for charging meals and merchandise to the guest room. The Package Express service delivers resort merchandise purchases right to a guest’s hotel. Hotel guests are treated to the legendary Disney guest service throughout their vacation.
- Great Value – Guests can find great value in multiple-day tickets and vacation packages at the Resort hotels, or at nearby Good Neighbor hotels, by purchasing online. The latest special offers are available at www.disneyland.com/offers, with information about tickets, hotels and special packages.
- Disney FASTPASS Service – FASTPASS allows guests to reserve a specific time window to enjoy their favorite attractions. When guests come back during that specified window they enjoy the shorter line reserved for FASTPASS holders.
- Mickey’s Toontown Morning Madness – Guests who book their Disneyland Resort vacation with the Walt Disney Travel Company enjoy a full hour of fun and games with Mickey and some of his pals before Toontown opens to the public on select days.
- Disney Mobile Magic – Guests get the most out of their vacation with the official Disney application for their smart devices. Disney Mobile Magic showcases GPS-enabled park maps, allows guests to view official wait times for attractions, character locations, and provides dining guides, reservation tools and interactive games all for free.
- “A Walk in Walt’s Footsteps” Tour – Guests may follow in the footsteps of the man whose vision and creativity brought Disneyland park to life, Walt Disney. This 3 ½-hour guided tour covers the life of Walt Disney and stories behind the magic of Disneyland. To book this, or other tours offered by Disneyland Resort, call (714) 781-TOUR (8687).
- Charging Lockers – Guests re-charge their batteries and get back to the fun in no time when using a series of new lockers on Main Street U.S.A. that include options for traditional AC outlet or specialized chargers for electronic devices.
- Parent “Rider Switch” - A theme-park “rider switch” policy gives both parents a chance to enjoy their favorite attractions without double the wait. A parent who waits with a young child while the other parent rides the attraction may board the ride with minimal wait time once the first parent exits. Guests may ask a cast member about this option.