KO OLINA, Hawaii – A relaxing family vacation with young children is easier than ever at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa on the island of Oahu. Whether it’s splashing around at the pool with toddlers, building sand castles on the beach, or having a magical encounter with Mickey Mouse, children are entertained and engaged with whimsy around every corner at the new oceanfront resort.
A host of child-friendly amenities and enhanced services make this destination resort an ideal choice for young families. Here are some tips for a hassle-free getaway:
- There’s fun for kids ages 3-12 at Aunty’s Beach House, a 5,200-square-foot club open 8 a.m.-9 p.m. daily. Disney-trained counselors will inspire and entertain with dance contests, science experiments, Hawaiian storytelling, dress up, movies and snacks. Children must be potty-trained.
- There is no need to pack all the baby gear, as strollers, swings, car seats and other baby essentials can be rented through Paradise Baby Company, which also provides in-room delivery.
- Baby-care products such as disposable diapers, baby wipes, formula and teethers are for sale at Kālepa’s Store.
- Aulani has bed rails, bottle warmers, outlet covers, booster seats and high chairs that can be “checked out” (with a deposit) for use during a stay.
- Accommodations include spacious Disney Vacation Club villas featuring kitchenettes and a washer/dryer.
- All guest rooms have portable cribs/playpens, bedding and a mini refrigerator.
- Pint-sized stools, televisions and interactive fun at Nā Pua Place kid’s lounge keep young guests entertained during check-in.
- Water works wonders for kids, and Waikolohe Pool is “zero entry” which makes it easy for little minnows. Lifeguards are on duty from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. and tot-sized float vests are offered.
- Sea, sun and sand beckon youngsters to the beachfront to build sand castles, frolic in the waves and take in the beauty of the island.
- Youngsters can splash at Menehune Bridge, an interactive water-play area with three slides, a climbing structure and more. Here, tots can discover menehune, the mythical little people known for mysterious happenings on the islands.
- Private poolside cabanas offer added shade and privacy for a peaceful afternoon slumber.
- Curious kids can peek through giant windows embedded in caves at Rainbow Reef, a private snorkeling lagoon filled with colorful marine life and some fun surprises.
- Laniwai, the family-friendly spa, cradles babies in the lap of luxury with a special session geared toward teaching parents how to massage their child (up to two years old) to help with sleep and digestion. While one parent learns the art of baby massage, the other parent relaxes with a massage treatment. Family massage is on the menu too, for kids over five years old with a parent or guardian.
- Dinner for two or an island excursion are just a phone call away, as nurturing babysitters are on site to care for and entertain either in-room or at the resort pool, beach or restaurants. Reservations required.
- There’s lots of bonding on vacation, and families can take advantage of age-appropriate crafts, dancing and games.
- The Daily ‘Iwa is a handy planning tool to check daily schedules for poolside games, storytelling and Disney character meet and greets.
- Disney chefs have kids in mind with all-time favorites on the kid’s or “keiki” menus. Plus an elaborate buffet with Mickey and pals is sure to delight at Aunty’s Breakfast Celebration at Makahiki on select days. Reservations are required.
About Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa
Uniquely designed for families and inspired by the wonders and traditions of Hawaii, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, is a family paradise with a touch of magic. Aulani offers kids, adults and families Hawaiian vacation experiences with a special magic that only Disney can create. Delightful rooms and spacious Disney Vacation Club villas, a perfect location on a beautiful beachfront lagoon, and renowned Disney service and enchanting entertainment let dreamers of every age savor their time together on Hawaii as never before.