Anaheim, Calif. (June 7, 2010) – With anticipation and excitement building for the June 11 premiere of the nighttime spectacular “World of Color” in Disney California Adventure park, several options are in place for guests who want to maximize their day of fun at the park and make plans to enjoy the show that night.
For primary viewing of the show in Paradise Park, guests will need to obtain a special FASTPASS for “World of Color” or they can select from several Dinner and Picnic packages that include reserved viewing. Guests will also enjoy alternative viewing from locations around Paradise Bay.
A new immersive “Summer Nightastic!” party, “Glow Fest,” will bring added evening excitement for Disney California Adventure guests of all ages. ”Glow Fest” will be filled with dancing, music and fun, highlighted by special color, sound and light effects, starting in the Sun Plaza at 6 p.m. nightly and continuing in Hollywood Pictures Backlot until park closing.
“World of Color” will be presented twice nightly throughout the Disneyland Resort “Summer Nightastic!” season, June 11 through Aug. 29 (except June 16-17 when Disney California Adventure will be closed for Grad Nights). Guests will stand during the 25-minute shows – at 9 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. – and they may bring strollers into the reserved viewing area.
FASTPASS for “World of Color”
- The FASTPASS for “World of Color” will be available each morning at the Grizzly River Run FASTPASS terminals. Guests can insert their park tickets into the terminal to obtain a FASTPASS ticket for the show, and they will be assigned a specific show time. As with other FASTPASS attractions, a limited number of passes are available for “World of Color.” When all of the day’s “World of Color” FASTPASS allotment has been distributed, Grizzly River Run terminals will convert back to distributing the Grizzly River Run FASTPASS tickets.
- Guests arriving before park opening to line up for the “World of Color” FASTPASS may enter the Esplanade at 7 a.m. and gather at the Main Entrance to Disney California Adventure. When Disney California Adventure opens to the public, guests lined up for FASTPASS will be walked into the park and over to the FASTPASS terminals.
In addition to the FASTPASS for “World of Color,” a selection of specially-themed dinner package options, which include reserved viewing, are available.
“World of Color” Picnic Meals – Available Online or by Walk-up Purchase*
- Beginning June 11 (date subject to change), guests can go online and order a special boxed picnic meal that includes “World of Color” Reserved Viewing. Picnic meals may be ordered online – www.disneyland.com – or by walk-up purchase, subject to availability, at the Sonoma Terrace, Golden Vine Winery. They are not available for order via the 714/781-DINE line.
- Picnic meals may be picked up at the Sonoma Terrace from 2 p.m. to 8pm. Reserved viewing tickets will indicate return time, location and show time.
- Subject to availability, Picnic meals ordered online include reserved viewing to the evening’s first show, and those making walk-up purchases will include reserved viewing to that evening’s second show.
- Picnic meal options include four selections for adults: The All American (cold honey-stung fried chicken), The Taste of Asia (chilled miso-glazed salmon), The European Antipasto (cured meats, regional cheeses, artichoke heart, sun-dried tomato) and The Mediterranean Vegetarian (marinated grilled vegetables in a whole wheat wrap with roasted garlic hummus). Kids’ options include The Junior All American (chicken), The Lunchbox Classic (peanut butter and jelly) and The Little Squirt’s Box (apple wedges, string cheese).
- All picnic meals with “World of Color” Reserved Viewing are priced at $14.99 and must be redeemed for the designated reserved show date and time. No refunds, exchanges or other discounts.
Prix Fixe “World of Color” Dinner Packages*
- Prix fixe meals are available at both Ariel’s Grotto and the newly redesigned Wine Country Trattoria restaurants, and they come with “World of Color” Preferred Viewing. Guests may order from a varied menu of seafood, meat and vegetarian options at Ariel’s Grotto (current price: $36.99 for adults; $20.99 for children ages 3-9) or a selection of Italian cuisine at Wine Country Trattoria (current price; $39.99 for adults; $18.99 for children ages 3-9). Restaurant seatings are at specified times and space is limited. Prix fixe meals must be reserved, at 714/781-DINE.
Guests who do not obtain a FASTPASS or reserve dinner packages for “World of Color” may watch the show from viewing locations around Paradise Bay.
- Music, dancing and “drumming down the sun” will launch “Glow Fest” every night through Aug. 29, beginning at 6 p.m.in the Sun Plaza in Disney California Adventure. After 8:30 p.m., this newest addition to the Disneyland Resort “Summer Nightastic!” entertainment lineup will move into Hollywood Pictures Backlot, providing the kind of immersive excitement for adults and children alike that can only be found in a Disney theme park.
About Disneyland Resort
The Disneyland Resort features two theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and Disney California Adventure park – plus the Downtown Disney District comprised of unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort’s three hotels are the luxurious, 948-room Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, the magical 970-room Disneyland Hotel and the 481-room Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with its “day-at-the-beach” fun. For information on new attractions and vacations at Disneyland Resort visit www.disneyland.com, call 866/60-DISNEY or contact local travel agents
# # #
* Reserved Viewing:
Each guest entering the reserved viewing area must have reserved viewing area admission. Children (ages 3-9) must be accompanied by an adult. Guests may only enter the viewing area during designated times and no early or late admission will be allowed. Guests in large parties may not be guaranteed admission within the same reserved viewing area. Separate theme park admission is required. All information including benefits, restrictions, prices and show times are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Disneyland Resort Public Relations